PDA

View Full Version : A thought to Mason

jim grass
04-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Mason I was doing some thinking and got this idea that since I and many others have several questions about HPFAP and you and Dave being the authors with Ray Zees contributions perhaps there should be a forum exclusively to clarify our quaries on 2 + 2..
All I would ask and perhaps others as well that if the answers we receive arent correct or misleading that you or Dave or Ray or John F. intervene and clarify the question as to the right response etc..
Theres two ways to go about this; we take one chapter at a time per week or just post quaries as we see fit..
Another thought is that the forum could be closed to only those that have the book and to gain excess to the forum you need a password which can only be obtained by submitting the bar code from our book..
This idea definitely would generate interest and push the book to greater sales. Theres many positives to this concept for us the aspiring die hards.
I am going to post this letter as well on 2+2 in many spots and see what responses come about.
jim

elysium
04-01-2003, 11:58 PM
hi jim
that sounds like a good idea only no matter how many times you go over and over again with some of the basics, in a couple of days you see arguments coming out asking why hfap takes a particular position on a certain card entry or way of playing a particular hand. but the arguments never take into consideration number of opponents, conditions, opponent knowledge and many other things. i'm just starting out in poker, but i've seen incredible arguments about always raising a set on the flop, even when board is coordinated. and i read in disbelief. there is never any mention of number of opponents or whether the pre-flop was raised or not. and they leave out what to do when the flop is reraised before it gets back to you. so the specific strategy laid out is under a very narrow set of circumstances and that if the flop is reraised, things change. so that strategy is subject to many, many variables and circumstances, but all i read are simple arguments simply saying that you always raise a set on the flop, even if the board is coordinated. it makes them feel smarter because it's exhausting to give each and every circumstance again, and again. even when i go to say to myself, but what about all the restrictions given before calling, i get tired because of the tremendous amount of pre-conditions specifically stated. i'm tired out now. so when you go over things so many times, and the same arguments keep coming back, debate it a thousand times, people will always say hfap says play group 8, weeee....and there they are, in MP with the group 8. they will say elysium recommends group 8 from MP if we discuss this any further so bye for now...and keep pre-planning!