PDA

View Full Version : What is the average yearly rake paid by an online player?

deak
08-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I am curious to know if anyone knows of any studies that can answer the above question and/or what your best guess may be. Below I will try to answer it for myself and welcome any opinions as a challenge to my logic.

I play about 10 hours a week at the $3-6 level on average.
This translates to about 500 hours per year. (~50 weeks x 10 hrs)

A rough average number of hands in the games I play is about 60 per hour.
The total number of hands in the year for me is then 30,000. (60 hands x 500 yearly hours)

The average pot size is about $30 I imagine. The rake taken from each pot is $1.00 (I am guessing on average). Thus the total amount of rake taken per year is $30,000 (30,000 hands per year x $1.00 avg. rake per hand).

I am one of an average of 10 players in the game, so my average contribution to the yearly rake is $3,000 ($30,000 yearly rake/ 1/10).

Again, reflecting on the above I realize that there may be some mathematical points that I am missing and I am looking forward to hearing alternative ideas.

I also think that if the above is accurate, or close to accurate, that every online player is potentially a golden nugget for each competing site!

LImitPlayer
08-19-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm 4 tabling the 5-10 6 max and I play for a living.
15k hands per week at an average rake of .22 per hand 50 weeks a year means they take $165,000 in rake each year.

Allinlife
08-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

smartalecc5
08-19-2005, 01:46 AM
ROFL - thats by one person....

lefty rosen
08-19-2005, 02:00 AM
You should go to the police station and file a complaint against Party for financial rape.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stigmata
08-19-2005, 05:10 AM
yeah its totally sick......... i actually feel like puking when i look at the numbers /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif we could all be rich and living on our own islands drinking martini and sorounded by beatiful women

oh well, i like to think we are enriching the lives of thousands of indians by bringing them out of poverty.

but it is a proven fact that the whole of partypoker running costs are actually payed for directly from DcfrThs's rake, and the rest of it is going straight into a bunch of Dikshits pocketsees.

/rant.

08-19-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah its totally sick......... i actually feel like puking when i look at the numbers /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif we could all be rich and living on our own islands drinking martini and sorounded by beatiful women

oh well, i like to think we are enriching the lives of thousands of indians by bringing them out of poverty.

but it is a proven fact that the whole of partypoker running costs are actually payed for directly from DcfrThs's rake, and the rest of it is going straight into a bunch of Dikshits pocketsees.

/rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always try another site that is not so greedy such as ..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hung
08-19-2005, 06:16 AM
You could always try another site that is not so greedy such as .....

LMAO
What is the advantage of pokershare vs UB?

mattw
08-19-2005, 07:06 AM
lol. all these replies and no one has aswered the OP. deak, your numbers look fine to me. no, let me rephrase that. your calculations look fine. the numbers sux.

TemetNosce
08-19-2005, 07:43 AM
NH, sir.

HavanaBanana
08-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

stinkypete
08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
they rake more than half a million from the tables i play at. it's scary.

grimel
08-19-2005, 09:31 AM
I play micro limits (.50/1 & 1/2 mostly). Poker Tracker says I've paid $440+ so far this MONTH, the summery puts my MGR THIS MONTH at $600+.

meow_meow
08-19-2005, 10:20 AM
By my very rough ballpark estimates, party rakes the 5/10 6max game (which I play) for at least 100k a day (maybe as much as 200k).

Even if there are as many as 200 regular winning players at that level, taking in an average of say $100/d, Party is taking roughly $5 off the fish for every $1 that the winners do...

stir
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
BUT NOT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN EXISTING POKER ACCOUNT AT UB

teajay
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Hmmm, you can almost make a living with 25% rakeback alone.

Sniper
08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am curious to know if anyone knows of any studies that can answer the above question and/or what your best guess may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter what an "average player" pays in rake?

If you are interested in how much party brings in each year, they are a publically traded company and you can look at the obscene numbers yourself by reviewing their financial disclosure documents.

You can obviously calculate your own rake!

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that if the above is accurate, or close to accurate, that every online player is potentially a golden nugget for each competing site!

[/ QUOTE ]

Every player is indeed a golden nugget, with high volume players obviously worth more.

08-19-2005, 05:49 PM
It's bullshyt that party support treats their "golden nuggets" like shyt. I bring them 50k per year and they deny me the reload bonus. Oh, how I wish there was a better alternative to party.