PDA

View Full Version : Missed bet?

King_J
04-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Finally Im playing 10-20. Im still quite nervous but atleast Im up =)

Anyway, did I miss a bet or two here?

5handed online 10-20 game.
UTG folds, Cutoff Raises. He might fit somewhere between semi-fish and solid. He´s atleast pretty tight. I 3-bet from button with 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . SB folds and very fishy BB calls. Hes not the guy that plays any two but he plays way too much hands. Cutoff calls.

3 players for 30 bucks each (93$ in pot)
Flop: J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif They check to me and I bet, both call.
Turn: 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif They check to me and I bet again, and they both call again. At this time I´m nervouse because I ain´t comfortable with the new, high stake yet.

Rivercard: 10 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
making board J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
They check to me and I check. Is this a solid play or a very bad chickenmove?

All comments very, very welcome

King_J
04-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Big blind (fish) had A5o
Cutoff showed me AKo

My pair of nines were good and I´m happy they stood up but I probably missed a bet or even two.

vkotlyar
04-01-2003, 04:17 PM
I think that you should have taken it down on the turn. Your opponents made terrible calls. No, you didnt miss a bet bacause any hand that calls you has you beat. You cant assume that the cutoff was playing a baby pair. I would check here too. I would put the BB on jack no kicker. If you have the best hand and you bet, they both fold anyway

Manzanita
04-01-2003, 05:26 PM
King_J,

I would play the hand the same as you did (betting into 2 overcards on the river against 2 opponents who have called 3 bets preflop is usually not a good move).

BTW, your description of the cutoff as He might fit somewhere between semi-fish and solid is inconsistent, perhaps contradictory.

-- Manzanita

elysium
04-01-2003, 07:49 PM
hi king
you can bet it here, but the check-down is also o.k. the problem here of course is 'are you 55% if your bet is called?'. if you're over 55% sure that you have the winner when your bet is called, you can bet. remember though to adjust for the over-caller. i think you're good, but it's close. lots of factors here. the check-down works though, you're o.k.

PokerPrince
04-02-2003, 03:35 AM
Played nicely.

PokerPrince