PDA

View Full Version : KQs 5/10

JKratzer
08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
SB ($800) kinda-passive player, BB ($300) unknown. I cover both and have been at the table for one orbit, haven't done much yet.

9 players, I get K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG+1. I open raise to $40, everyone folds to both blinds who call.

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Both check, I bet $80. SB raises to $160, BB all-in $267.
I call, SB calls.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, I check.

River A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB all-in $500. I call and win.

JKratzer

edit: I wasn't asking about calling the river, sorry for the confusion. Just wondering if anyone plays this different. Does anyone fold the flop? Push the flop? Bet the turn? etc.

AZK
08-18-2005, 10:56 PM
?

yvesaint
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
if you hate money, fold the nuts

chuddo
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
im confused as to what you are asking?

do you not have the nuts and everyone in the hand has gotten all in against you? it's close, but i think i call here.

asking whether or not to bet the turn?

JKratzer
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I edited the post.

08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
My reply is kinda biased as I was at the same table.

I personally would have taken a free card unless you wanted to take the pot down right there.

If they had any piece of that board, they would have most likely bet out on the turn... And if a 9 or A or backdoor flush fell, your hand is pretty well disguised.

Betting on the flop just gives them a chance to give you improper odds imo.

Other than that, I think you played it just fine.

P.S. - Love the "Sorry" comment 5 seconds before calling with the nuts and breaking his roll.

JKratzer
08-18-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. - Love the "Sorry" comment 5 seconds before calling with the nuts and breaking his roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only said that because it was the 3rd time tonight I had taken the SB's buy-in. And one of them I got lucky (2 if you count the hand in discussion.)

mustmuck
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
SB can push the flop after your call? What were you planning on doing if he did this?

08-19-2005, 12:13 AM
I don't think BB's all-in was a legal raise for SB to push.

JKratzer
08-19-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB can push the flop after your call? What were you planning on doing if he did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did think about this and considered not calling in the first place. Against an unknown I would have folded (I think), however I'd playing with this guy for a while tonight and was counting on him just calling. If he would have gone all-in I think I would have had to fold, because at that point it could only mean he had a set in which case I definitely wasn't getting odds.

JKratzer

JKratzer
08-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I think it was.

I bet $80, SB raises $80 more, BB reraises ~$100 more.

JKratzer

mustmuck
08-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, if you decided that he would probably just call I guess there is enough money in the pot and in his stack to allow you to call. I assume if he just calls then he is probably giving you a free river?

I can't see you why you would push with BB already all-in? Unless you think your overs are good against BB and you think you can fold SB.

Anyway, it's SB pushing the flop that worries me here. Obviously, he should have /images/graemlins/smile.gif

creedofhubris
08-19-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, it's SB pushing the flop that worries me here.

[/ QUOTE ]