PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions form a new SNG player

ftball0000
08-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey guys,

I've been starting to play 10+1 SNG's alot more now (100 in the past 2 weeks) and I have a couple of questions.

What seems to happen to me alot is that I will reach Level 4 (50/100) with between 500-600. And from then on its all-in or nothing, with me trying to steal blinds from the SB or doubling up. Is this situation normal?

Also sometimes I will be looking to go all in (level 4 and on), but a player will call or raise before it gets to me. I should avoid going all-in in these situations b/c of the gap concept correct?

Thanks in advance and fell free to add any suggestions you think will help,

-Ftball

cha59
08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
It depends........

Post some specific hands and leave out the part about the results.

ftball0000
08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
haha, I know it depends I am making generalizations, to make sure that I'm playing decently and that I'm not totally out of whack.

SlackerMcFly
08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What seems to happen to me alot is that I will reach Level 4 (50/100) with between 500-600. And from then on its all-in or nothing,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flaw lies most likely in your position play. 5x BB is time to push, but not from any position. Push your strong-ish hands in late position when folded around to you and steal the blinds from the button with those same hands.

Call only with premium hands and you'll survive most of the time.

Position and representation is more important in spots like these than the actual cards you hold, that is why you'll see calls and raises in front of you a lot here by the mid-stacks. Good luck!

SlackaMcFlack

Myst
08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What seems to happen to me alot is that I will reach Level 4 (50/100) with between 500-600. And from then on its all-in or nothing,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flaw lies most likely in your position play. 5x BB is time to push, but not from any position. Push your strong-ish hands in late position when folded around to you and steal the blinds from the button with those same hands.

Call only with premium hands and you'll survive most of the time.

Position and representation is more important in spots like these than the actual cards you hold, that is why you'll see calls and raises in front of you a lot here by the mid-stacks. Good luck!

SlackaMcFlack

[/ QUOTE ]

And to learn this, youll need to play 4000+ sngs.... And then youll still find out that you are making mistakes, albeit not as big as the ones you made before starting your 4000 sng endeavor...

In other words, all that aforementioned crap is best learnt through experience and analyzing your play.