PDA

View Full Version : Win rate for 5-10 6 max?

WannaGoPro
08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Is there a general concenous on what a good winrate should be and over how many hands for someone to move to the 5-10 SH from the 3-6 SH?

I realize it's also about comfort level and bankroll but with the softness of the 3-6 6 max games is a 2BB/100 winner good enough to hit the 5-10 6 max? what about 3 BB/100?

TY

slik
08-18-2005, 11:32 PM
i think table selection has a lot to do with your win rate. in the end, you'll only profit if you play people worse than you. anything else is an impossibility long term. in terms of bad players, there are enough playing 5/10, you just have to look for them. if you have the bankroll, and the patience to actively search, go for it.

sweetjazz
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
The time to move up is when you can accurately say that you see your opponents making a lot of mistakes that you do not make (and that you aren't making mistakes that other people aren't making). Alternatively, the time to move up is when you think you understand how players at the level you are at approach the game and you believe you have developed a strategy that successfully counters it.

In the long run, of course, both of these criteria will lead to good winrates. But your winrate is influenced so much by variance, as well as table selection and how well the other people at the level play at the time you are playing it, that you can't really say much about winrate.

In general, the lower your winrate, the more concerned you should be that there are parts of the game that you don't understand and (worse) don't recognize that you don't understand. But sometimes a low winrate is largely variance or other factors, and sometimes a high winrate at one level does not translate into success at the next level.

Poker is a fickle game. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WannaGoPro
08-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Ok assume a player has a winrate of 2.52 BB/100 over almost 50K hands 4 tabling

Will this player do as well at the 5-10 6 max or will he be a marginal winner?

Isn't the genral opinion that the 3-6 games are super soft?

If thats true how much harder are the 5-10 games?

JoshuaD
08-19-2005, 12:21 AM
You'll be fine at the 5/10.

sammy_g
08-19-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok assume a player has a winrate of 2.52 BB/100 over almost 50K hands 4 tabling

[/ QUOTE ]
I would definitely give it a shot.