PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Seminar

CrackerZack
04-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Well, the weekend in vegas was fun as always. I love that city. Too bad the 8-16 game in the Bellagio kept giving me the ralphie treatment. Friday night the game was beautiful, couple of decent playing locals and an entire side of the table cold calling 2 bets sometimes 3 with any 2 suited...then betting only when they hit the flop. Too bad never got a chance to really take advantage of it. That coupled with the guy open raising my SB from the button when I had KQ and flopped the K...oops, he had Aces...guess that wasn't a steal raise. Then monday I got to fold for 2 straight hours also. oh well. The 4 jacks at monte carlo made up for it a bit. Anyway, I attended the seminar on monday and must say I did enjoy it. Since I was catching a 5:00 flight I had planned on attending the presentation then skipping the Q & A part but am very glad I didn't. The presentation was just an expansion of the tournament book "system" to account for position a bit more and players limping in. The handout explained it well and the presentation was more of examples for the mathematically challenged. But there were cookies and soda which were yummy and passed the time. The Q&A part was very good with a number of decent questions. I got sucked in early on and was there to the end after hearing a couple. I particularly enjoyed the discussion between mason/david and a girl they knew in the back of the room about cold-calling pre-flop with big-medium pairs, when to raise for info, etc. Some of the other questions were rather amusing also for the wrong reasons. Anyway, I didn't take enough notes to write a transcript or anything but thanks guys for taking the time to do the Q&A, I would definitely be back at another if I'm in town.

Random side comments and questions...
1) I was actually surprised when I saw them both... I always figured Mason would be shorter and smaller and David would be taller and bigger... just from the pictures on the book.
2) Was the girl in the back the infamous "pokerbabe"? I didn't see the jamie lee resemblance but still may have been?

Thanks again,
Zack

Howard Burroughs
04-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Big Lick,

The girl in the back was not Poker Babe (Though she was in the room).

The girl in the back is a high limit poker player who talked about how she folded KT on the turn for 1 bet on a board of AAK A with a bettor and a caller in front of her if my memory is correct. The bettor of the pot was on a pure bluff,btw. Duh. (easy for me to say, as a Monday morning quarterback :-)

We're hoping the "real" Babe gets her picture on the WSOP wall of Champions soon. That wall could use a LGPG fresh me up.

Best of Luck

Howard

PokerBabe(aka)
04-04-2003, 01:07 AM
We're hoping the "real" Babe gets her picture on the WSOP wall of Champions soon. /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Yes, Howard...and underneath my picture, the nameplate will say "PokerBabe"(aka). When interviewed about what factors helped me win it, I will say "well...it was a combination of David's "system", Barry's coaching, Howard's confidence, Tommy's singing, and LGPG.! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif xxoo Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif