PDA

View Full Version : What UPS should I buy

maryfield48
08-18-2005, 08:08 PM
I need one for a 32" TV & DVD player & home stereo. What size should I get?

stabn
08-18-2005, 08:17 PM
You must really love your TV.

stabn
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Go here: APC (http://www.apcc.com/solutions/index.cfm?segmentID=1)

Look at your TV/DVD player and stereo first and see how many watts they use then decide how long you need to be able to run on battery for. After that it should be pretty easy to see which one suits your needs the best.

maryfield48
08-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Just tired of little blippy power cuts screwing up my timer settings so that the recordings that I set don't happen.

maryfield48
08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Look at your TV/DVD player and stereo first and see how many watts they use then decide how long you need to be able to run on battery for. After that it should be pretty easy to see which one suits your needs the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks stabn.

stabn
08-18-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks stabn.

[/ QUOTE ]

NP.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 09:04 PM
UPS? the guys in the brown shorts? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stabn
08-18-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on jake. Given the time you entered this thread it is pretty easy to figure out what is meant /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on jake. Given the time you entered this thread it is pretty easy to figure out what is meant /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read every post except clicking the link. No idea... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stabn
08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read every post except clicking the link. No idea... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The link would tell you.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The link would tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of computer stuff?

stabn
08-18-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The link would tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of computer stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah basically:

[ QUOTE ]

During this time, it was well known that computer systems required back-up power solutions. It was quite common for a mainframe computer to have a large uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and generator installed in tandem. APC came at the market from a different perspective. Industry trends involving the personal computer made APC management realize that smaller UPSs were necessary for the market that included personal computers, PC servers and their networks

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
apc is the brand name, but avoid the ES series like the plague. i've seen nothing but bad with them over dozens of units.

i have an apc smart-ups 1000 and it's great.