PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog day poll, length of temporal anomoly

PLOlover
08-18-2005, 07:50 PM

Slow Play Ray
08-18-2005, 07:55 PM
There are not enough options under 5 years.

Luzion
08-18-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Connors goes through February 2nd, 34 times. There were many more days implied, for example how he knew everyone so well in the diner, but only 34 days were actually shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
On the DVD, Harold Ramis states that the original idea was for him to live February 2nd for about 10,000 years. Later he says that Phil probably lived the same day for about 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats some Groundhog Day trivia....

Vince Young
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
1 day.

Dynasty
08-18-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phil Connors goes through February 2nd, 34 times. There were many more days implied, for example how he knew everyone so well in the diner, but only 34 days were actually shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
On the DVD, Harold Ramis states that the original idea was for him to live February 2nd for about 10,000 years. Later he says that Phil probably lived the same day for about 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats some Groundhog Day trivia....

[/ QUOTE ]

10 years doesn't seem long enough to accumulate the information and skills he had (piano, ice sculpting, etc.).

whiskeytown
08-18-2005, 08:38 PM
sure it is - what with all the free time he has every day - fully educated - 10 yrs. is enough - RB

PLOlover
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sure it is - what with all the free time he has every day - fully educated - 10 yrs. is enough - RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure but how long did it take him to get to it?

PLOlover
08-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Strangley enough, my impression was about 10 years.

But the way my mind works, and maybe his, was that it's more than a year, and less than a century, which (to us) = ten years. Can't explain it. When I'm asked what time it is I always round off to nearest 5 minutes also.

Dynasty
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was implied he knew a lot more than we saw and wasted a lot of time. He must have watched Jeopardy! for a month before mastering the episode.

Thythe
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was implied he knew a lot more than we saw and wasted a lot of time. He must have watched Jeopardy! for a month before mastering the episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And how many days would you have to live before wanting to kill yourself. It must have been a lot.

Alobar
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I actually thinkt here should be a college course that deals with nothing but the movie, as there is sooooo much there to talk about, on sooooo many different levels.

Luzion
08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. And how many days would you have to live before wanting to kill yourself. It must have been a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont know man... 10 years can be a long time if each day is like a weekend day; entirely free for you to do whatever you please.

PLOlover
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
For those who answered a way long time, what do you think that says about the human condition that it took that long to turn him into a good decent person? Or a happy person if you prefer.