PDA

View Full Version : 2nd pair multiway, ehhh?

dark_horse
08-18-2005, 07:49 PM
help me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Nick C
08-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Ah, jeez. What can you do?

You won't fold a ten on the turn and buy outs that way, getting checkraised would suck, and I doubt you're ahead.

I'm surprised you got checked to on the river, but I still kind of doubt you're ahead. Perhaps there's a value bet here, but I'd have trouble finding it.

JacksonTens
08-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes second pair, but second pair is always so much worse when theres an Ace on board. I like your flop raise, but when they all called you were done. The flop may even have been a fold if CO was ABC. Tough gig.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

soweak.
08-18-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps there's a value bet here, but I'd have trouble finding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the river, and (while trying not to sound cliche) it's not even close. There's even an argument for betting the turn with 2nd pair and an outside straight draw to the nuts, but that is dependent on your opponents and your relative position in the hand.

Brunger
08-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I like this hand.

dark_horse
08-18-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the river, and (while trying not to sound cliche) it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning this is a value bet for you?

soweak.
08-18-2005, 08:10 PM
after having it check to me twice, yes.

Nick C
08-18-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the river, and (while trying not to sound cliche) it's not even close. There's even an argument for betting the turn with 2nd pair and an outside straight draw to the nuts, but that is dependent on your opponents and your relative position in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the river is a value-bet (I'm not convinced), I'm pretty sure it's close.

The action in the hand is hard to interpret, but we're dealing with a flop bettor (who fired into the PFR, on that board) and two flop cold-callers.

There could easily be a weak ace out there that's terrified of the board (but not enough to fold).

I suppose maybe everyone just has JTo and queen-rag suited and will pay off, but I'm not especially optimistic.

Brunger
08-18-2005, 08:16 PM
The thing is you will see Ax a ton here which is going to call. You really only get value out of Qx or Jx if they call it is unlikely some one even some one bad will call with anything else. I am thinking I would be happy to show this down.

ArturiusX
08-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I bet the river.

dark_horse
08-18-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet brad (shillx) bets it too.

soweak.
08-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I think you can equally expect to find enough times you will get hands like A4 or A3 to fold. especially if these hands reside in the blinds with players to act after them.

Also, we have no reads on our opponents here. if our opponents are super loose this is easy. If they are tight rocks, then checking here is fine.

jnalpak
08-18-2005, 09:02 PM
2/4?

I'm betting the river here, but as stated...i have seen this same move made on the flop and shown Ax at SD....ef-me