PDA

View Full Version : AK line against 2 callers

donkey
08-18-2005, 07:37 PM
2/4 NL

everyone in the hand has 400.

I raise to 16 UTG+1 with AdKs. CO calls, BB calls.

Flop is AQ4 with 2 diamonds. I bet 34. Both players call.

Turn is a deuce of diamonds. I bet 100. (Is this a bad place to bet? I didnt know what to do here). CO calls, BB folds.

River is an Ace. I check. CO bets 120, I call.

Should I have done something differently on the turn/river.
How much can I call on the river? If he pushes, easy fold right? He could have a flush, passively played AQ,QQ,44. I dont see anyone making a big river bet with a hand I beat.

thoughts?

jt_patriot
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
My line in that situation would be very similiar up until the river. You have to make a blocking/value bet there on the river. If he calls you're probably only beat by a low flush (value from AJ), if he raises you lay it down and if he folds the pot is yours. Luckily in this scenerio he only bet a third of the pot (seemed like a value bet), but what would would you have done if he bets $180, $260?

cnguyen2955
08-18-2005, 11:00 PM
WAHT DID HE HAVE??? SEEMED LIKE A POSSIBLE KING HIGH FLUSH.... i think he would have raised you on the turn with a set of 4's... river was a value bet.. posibbly aq/aj.. i woulda either raised minimum or flat called there.. if he reraises you make an easy fold.. let me know

donkey
08-19-2005, 01:06 PM
He showed QQ. With the small value-bet on the river I think i'm usually beat but given the odds I figured i have to call to make money from AJ and other Ax hands.

I guess the main question is if I could have done something different on the turn. I dont know what my bet accomplishes. Most decent players fold hands worse than mine to the 2nd barrel. If he raises big I get blown off the nut flush draw. Check/calling gives me no information and makes the river tough.

The Truth
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
I agree with jt_patriot.

Good analysis.