PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick bites my butt

Hawkeye27
04-01-2003, 12:52 PM
These hands all happened to me in about 20 minutes this morning in a little loose, passive 3/6 online game. Please rate my post flop play.

Hand 1
1 limper to me, I raise in EP w/ AKo. Player to my left calls two cold, BB calls, limper calls. 4 to flop
Flop: K J 2 rainbow
check, check, I bet, call from my left, BB folds, limper calls.
Turn 9
Limper bets out, I raise, player to my left calls two cold, and limper calls.
River 4(no flush draw).
Limper checks, I bet, player to left raises, limper folds. I've played with this guy alot and dont think he would call my raise preflop w/ KJ, K9, J9, or Q 10. I know he would reraise w/ KK, maybe not JJ, probably not 99, but cant figure out waiting till river with a set. I make a confused crying call.

Hand 2

1 Limper to me, I raise in MP w/ AKo. BB calls, limper calls. 3 to flop.
Flop: A 7 4 (two spades, I'm spadeless)
BB bets out, limper calls, I raise, both call.
Turn is a small spade. BB bets, limper calls, I fold.

Hand 3

I raise two limper in LP with AKo. BB calls, limpers call.
Flop Axx (two spades, I'm spadeless)
Checked to me I bet, one caller.
Turn K of spades.
I bet, he calls
River x of spades.
I bet he calls.

Results and thoughts to come.

tekksan
04-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Hand 1:
I can't see limper to your left with a set. The board is highly organized on the turn for straights. I would think he would've sprung to life on the turn with a set.

Hand 2:
Logical fold I think.

Hand 3:
If you planned on calling one more bet on the river regardless, I might have checked the river hoping for a free showdown when the 4th spade hit and if there was a bet, just call (it costs you the same and you may get a free show down with someone having a small flush).

My $.02

J.R.
04-01-2003, 02:02 PM
hand 1: The fishy turn coldcall. HMMM, I call the river but expect to lose most of the time, but get info about the LP player that perhaps lowers my opinion of his pre-flop coldcalling standards.

hand 2. Against straightforward opponents, this is often a good play, but be careful who you are in the pot with.

hand 3- I would check it through on the river, as on the turn your opponent indicated they did not fear the flush or called with a spade, so I can't see how a better hand would fold the river for one more bet with the 4th spade arriving, and you may get check-raised if they were drawing with a decent spade.

RockLobster
04-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey Hawkeye--

Hand 1: I play this exactly the same way (including having tissues handy at the end).

Hand 2: I'd like to say that I'm smart enough to dump when you did. Nicely played.

Hand 3: Seems reasonable to me.

3 big slicks in 20 minutes, and -11 BB's?

elysium
04-01-2003, 06:53 PM
hi hawk
hand 1; lay it down. looks like a set of 9s, but you can't rule out QT; whatever he has, it beats you.
hand 2; if the BB is tight/passive and you know this, you can lay it down. otherwise, that was not a good fold.
hand 3; played perfectly; did he have ATo and take it down?