PDA

View Full Version : How much are NBA tickets in your town?

12-20-2001, 12:54 PM
I don't know if this story appeared in the national news. Bonzi Wells, a local trailblazer, made this statement in a Sports Illustrated interview:

"We're not really going to worry about what the hell the fans think about us. They really don't matter to us. They can boo us every day, but they're still going to ask us for our autographs if they see us on the street. That's why they're fans and we're NBA players.'

Oh, give me two season tickets please . . . !

12-20-2001, 03:41 PM
I live in L.A. and I won't go an NBA game. Parking is $10.00 at Staples Center at the official lots and the overflow private lots charge $20.00. Beside, the best thing about the Lakers is Chick Hearn.

I'm visiting Phoenix in March with my two sons and I paid $85 a seat for a Suns game (against the Rockets who, hopefully, will have one another game by then).

NBA basketball is boring and overpriced. My life will not be diminished by not having Bonzi Wells's autograph.

12-20-2001, 04:18 PM
Wow! Saw the Clippers in LA mid 80's, paid $18 I think. Not sure I'd pay $85 for any activity, certainly not basketball. Never heard of Bonzi.

Grew up in LA, was lucky to see the Dodgers for a few bucks a game.I imagine beer costs much more than that today. Sure glad I left in the 60's, can't think of much I miss. Maybe the beach and the winter weather.

12-20-2001, 04:32 PM
As a fan I would be much more concerned about how a player plays instead of how he mouths off to the media. One thing is for certain, Bonzi Wells is THE most important player on the Trailblazers team, yes, even more important than Rasheed Wallace.

Besides, everything he said is absolutely true, whether you want to believe it or not.

12-20-2001, 04:46 PM
I share Dodger season tickets with 3 other guys, we pay, I believe $114/game for 4 seats (behind 3rd base) with parking. I think it breaks down to $27/seat and $6 for parking.

12-20-2001, 04:49 PM
I disagree. I can't think of a single autograph that I would seek.

I'm rooting against the Griz in the championship game on Fri. I still find it hard to believe people get so excited about a small college football team. I feel they would be better served rooting for the team members to graduate. I 've heard its less than 30%.

12-20-2001, 05:00 PM
Ed, you're too goddam independant.

How does your daughter feel about the Griz? You really should encourage her to transfer to MSU.

I might try and take some of your money before the year is over. beware.

I heard there is some good winter fishing at Kelly Island. any truth to the rumors? might have to find out for myself.

12-20-2001, 05:57 PM
Important things first. While I've caught fish on a dry fly every month of the year in Montana, I've done zero winter fishing since moving to Missoula 7 yrs ago. I just don't think I was cut out to be a productive adult(working). Its funny what having kids will do. Friends have done well in Kelly Island area during the winter, Spurgin access.

I've played really bad this year, my money's for the taking. Poker may be changing here. You might want to check out the Silver Tip, Thursday and Sunday. Fridays best at Lucky Strike, game starts at 2. You can call to reserve seat, 549-4166, call early. You can also come in 5 or 6. Start second game at times. Same 2 start on Sat., rest of week at 7, still can call to lock seat.

Daughter not Griz fan, my evil influence? She is thinking of going to the Seattle Art Institute next year. I only agreed to pay for the first year here. MSU graduates somewhere around 60% of its athletes. One of the better players I've played against had as engineering degree from MSU. It's a shame that he died young.

I will look forward to competing agaist you, might inspire me to play better.

12-21-2001, 10:51 AM
Jordon left and so did the NBA players. We are using high school drop outs.

SPM,...:-0...