PDA

View Full Version : pocket K's

08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Today, I was playing at the Taj Majal, and i had pocket kings in the big blind on a $3-6 table. The player in second position was first in for a raise. Fourth position reraised, and all folded to me in the BB, and i capped the betting at $12. The original raiser then folded, leaving me and the player in 4th position. The flop comes 3 spades, 10 high. (I am holding the K of spades in my hand). I bet the flop and he calls. The turn is a blank. I bet again, and he raises. I call. At this point i know he's made the flush, but i'm not sure how high it is. The river is a blank. and i check and call. He turns over QJ of spades. could i have played this hand better. I probably should have folded after i missed the flush on the river. Even if i made it, he could have had a hand like AQ of spades. Any input on this hand would be of great help to me. Thank you.

EStreet20
08-18-2005, 06:33 PM
You lost the minimum you could have here. If you start folding pocket K's every time someone bets into a three flush board you'll get murdered, even at the lower limits.

Good luck,
Matt

shant
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Your poll is awesome.

SUfan5
08-18-2005, 07:14 PM
What made you so sure he had the flush, just curious. I think you gotta call this down.

ZBTHorton
08-18-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your poll is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

SUfan5
08-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Also, i voted for "?" in the poll, but i wasn't sure what either of the answers meant. I'm pretty sure it makes no sense.

Greg J
08-18-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, i voted for "?" in the poll, but i wasn't sure what either of the answers meant. I'm pretty sure it makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are wrong. I voted for both options. That is clearly the right answer. Do you see why?

If not you seriously need to study up.

adamstewart
08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet again, and he raises. I call. At this point i know he's made the flush,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your poker ability is uncanny.

Adam

JacksonTens
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Many questions...
Is this player capable of bluff raising? Doubtful at $3-6.
Were you positive he had the flush? If your not sure, calling is not really that bad, you don't want to let people know your easily steamrolled at such low limits, when to call and when to fold comes with experience. I don't think you played this that badly. I mean what are you suggesting? checking the turn? Cos thats kinda weak.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SoftcoreRevolt
08-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Voted What to do.

Also voted that every post in this forum should include this poll.

SackUp
08-19-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Voted What to do.

Also voted that every post in this forum should include this poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This has to be the leading candidate for Polltard of the year award.

And Adam your comment was great. Uncanny, indeed.

08-19-2005, 06:40 AM
sorry about that poll. I just filled in the box, because i wasn't sure how it worked. Now i know. Thanks.

stigmata
08-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Definately option 1, and it's not close.