PDA

View Full Version : Need to transfer PT files

LoaferGee12
08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
So I need to transfer my 1200 MB's worth of PT files (biggest file: 500 MBs) to my laptop from this desktop. I need to do this before I go off to college but unfortunately my desktop is not reading CDs right now. Is there any other way I can do this than writing to a CD (don't have a zip drive).

jasonHoldEm
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Can you move them via a network (or crossover cable)? seems like the "only" solution unless you can get the CD going...

C-Dog
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Change your DB to SQL and the size will go way down. You could then just buy a USB Memory stick and transfer it over. Additionally you could use a Memory stick and a file splitting program like WinRAR to transfer the files over 250 megs at a time. A 256 stick is only like 30 bucks I think.

C-Dog

LoaferGee12
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Change your DB to SQL and the size will go way down. You could then just buy a USB Memory stick and transfer it over. Additionally you could use a Memory stick and a file splitting program like WinRAR to transfer the files over 250 megs at a time. A 256 stick is only like 30 bucks I think.

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I have a 125 MB stick already. Would 550 MB's or so be shrunken below that? Also, if I were to make my DB to SQL, would I then be able to put it back after the transfer?

LoaferGee12
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you move them via a network (or crossover cable)? seems like the "only" solution unless you can get the CD going...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I wouldn't even know how to do that :/
We're going to have people come out to fix the CD rom but I'll be gone by then /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mmmmmbrother
08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
1.2 gb is nothing you cna live without it

C-Dog
08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
You can download winrar www.rarsoft.com (http://www.rarsoft.com)

Install the application, and rar up your PT files. You can set the app to split the file into smaller sizes that will fit on the memory stick.

C-Dog