PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Poker contained within other books?

08-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I have read GSIH, WLLH, ITH, and now SSH. I just began reading TOP and I have come to notice that alot of the concepts are already include in the previous books I have read. Is this true for the rest of TOP?

sammy_g
08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I would say that these books have included concepts from Theory of Poker, not the other way around.

There is also some stuff in Theory of Poker that I have not seen in other places. You definitely don't want to miss out on chapters like "Heads-up on the River."

08-18-2005, 06:05 PM
That's what I meant, I know TOP was written first, but these books now contain concepts from TOP. What concepts can be found unique to TOP?

sammy_g
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, just to pick something off the top of my head, the chapter on Game Theory covers ideas not in those other books. There is other content as well. Keep reading...

I admit books like HEFAP and SSH flesh out a lot of the Theory of Poker concepts for hold'em players.

Edit: You're making me want to go back and re-read (or should I say re-re-read) Theory of Poker. Probably a good thing...

08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Point taken, thanks sammy. I will definitely continue reading, just wanted to get a feel for the rest of the book /images/graemlins/grin.gif