PDA

View Full Version : A5 in 6max, can I throw this away?

Somekid
08-18-2005, 05:20 PM
The button was pretty laggy. Preflop he could have almost anything. However when he raises the turn can I just fold it? I feel like I call down too much in situations like this.

Are there any other lines to get to showdown cheaper. And do I want to get to showdown in most cases?

PartyPoker - $1/$2 Hold'em - 5 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button RAISES</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 2.25 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">Button Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
<font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="red">Button RAISES</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) RIVER: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 7.25 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">Button BETS</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

Final Pot:9.25 BB

jrz1972
08-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I either check-call every street or bet the river.

Shillx
08-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Betting the flop with this hand is pretty pointless. If he has nothing he will just throw it away, and if he has you beat you lose more by betting. Since he is a LAG, he will bet everything when you check to him. Let him hang himself while he is drawing next to stone dead.

Brad

Bodhi
08-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't think you can just fold the turn because you may have hidden outs against a bigger ace, e.g. K, Q, or 9 on the river can split. Anyway, you're really asking to get raised when you keep firing away.

Rev. Good Will
08-18-2005, 05:54 PM
looks like its time for classic WA/WB to me

Reqtech
08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
My line in hands like these are to check-raise the flop and lead out on the turn. This is a blind steal, if he pushes you back after you check raise, call him down. Top pair is too strong to throw away in a blind steal situaion.

Paxosmotic
08-18-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like its time for classic WA/WB to me

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I thought when I saw this flop. Hifive! Booyah!