PDA

View Full Version : Bubble SB - push/call/fold?

Monty Burns
08-18-2005, 05:05 PM
What is the right line here? My thinking when I called was the BB had been passive on the bubble (he was a weak player) and I though I could see a cheap flop. I didn't want to open push because I didn't want to risk being crippled with QTs in case BB either woke up with a hand or decided he needed to push any two. Of couse, my call after his reraise all-in was just dumb. I should have open pushed if I was willing to call. That being said, would it have been correct to push in the first place? My hand is better than an average which I assume is just about all I need here. On the other hand, I am toast if I loose and BB is on his way out as well.

Thanks for the advice. Obviously, I am still really lost on the bubble.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4995)
Hero (t1010)
BB (t610)
UTG (t1385)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t610 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t410.

lastchance
08-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I would have pushed initially and it's automatic for me. Here, you can hopefully get Villain to fold 23o, and that'd be really nice.

Shillx
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
I would push preflop (J2s is a +EV push here if you want a reference point). You have to win by pushing here, no matter what the villian chooses to call you with (and you win A LOT, even if the villian calls all-in with all of his hands). Only folding is wrong here but I suspect that doing anything other then pushing is a mistake.

Brad

jt1
08-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I'd push and pray. He'll probably call your push with any suited connector or king high.

good luck

08-18-2005, 06:06 PM
With the BB and the UTG out of the picture, this is definitely a great spot to push in. You're not dead if you lose, and most of the time you'll have him.

Isura
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Push and be happy that button isn't pushing any 2.

Jman28
08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
This is more than an automatic push, whatever that means. Please never not push this again.

Isura
08-18-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is more than an automatic push, whatever that means. Please never not push this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a "reach so fast for your optical/wireless mouse that it slides off the end of the table, and forces you to replace the battery and hence time out and not get to push".