PDA

View Full Version : Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Need help deciding my second round pick in a keeper league. Standard league 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF

I kept Jamal Lewis and have the 1st pick in the 2nd round.

Sluss
08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I'd be trying to stack my running backs right now and I think Davis is the best choice for that. It has been said a million times there are pretty good wideouts to be had later on. Not that many running backs though.

The Armchair
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
DD is going to do very well in this poll.

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I am leaning more towards Double D but some how I find it appealing that Portis and Green (2 top 5 RB's in last years draft) are still available. My plan going into the draft (which can change at any point) is to go for 2 RB's in the first 2 rounds, 2 WR's 3rd and 4th round, and a QB in the 5th or 6th.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am leaning more towards Double D but some how I find it appealing that Portis and Green (2 top 5 RB's in last years draft) are still available. My plan going into the draft (which can change at any point) is to go for 2 RB's in the first 2 rounds, 2 WR's 3rd and 4th round, and a QB in the 5th or 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Davis as well -- he'd be my second choice. I remember early last year he struggled though, so beware. Julius Jones is my pick here -- he was an absolute stud once he got healthy last year. Parcells likes to go with one back, and I think he's going to work Jones early and often.

brettbrettr
08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portis scared a lot of people off last year -- The Skins O is ugly.

brettbrettr
08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

Sluss
08-18-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Julius Jones is my pick here -- he was an absolute stud once he got healthy last year. Parcells likes to go with one back, and I think he's going to work Jones early and often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jones had problems staying healthy in college. I can't imagine him staying healthy through an entire NFL campaign. When he is healthy he is a stud. If Julius Jones is on any of my teams this year he will be one of three very good running backs.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2003 Pro Bowler Jon Jansen back from injury to bolster the O-line, would Portis become more of a sleeper if there is such a thing in the 2nd round?

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Since this league is a 1-keeper league, does that sway anyones votes? I may want to stray from keeping Jamal Lewis next year.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2003 Pro Bowler Jon Jansen back from injury to bolster the O-line, would Portis become more of a sleeper if there is such a thing in the 2nd round?

[/ QUOTE ]

While Portis certainly was affected by the O-Line problems in DC last year, it seems to me that Gibbs doesn't run a system that is suited to his abilities. To me, he's hurt more by a poor fit than personnel.

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

While Portis certainly was affected by the O-Line problems in DC last year, it seems to me that Gibbs doesn't run a system that is suited to his abilities. To me, he's hurt more by a poor fit than personnel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Thats why they tried to bulk him up this year leading to a 15 lb increase. Portis is more of a cut to the outside kind of guy whereas the Gibbs system is pound them inside until they cant stand.

brettbrettr
08-18-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may want to stray from keeping Jamal Lewis next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's a 25 year old stud RB? Ideal keeper material...

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I wouldnt force the issue, but Id rather have someone on more of an Offense oriented team. Lewis is the type of player that grinds the points out in yardage. The real studs have both yardage and TD's.

brettbrettr
08-18-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt force the issue, but Id rather have someone on more of an Offense oriented team. Lewis is the type of player that grinds the points out in yardage. The real studs have both yardage and TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Boller progresses he'll do more and more. Don't forget, Brian Billick is an offensive coach. He designed the Vikes scheme. He just hasn't had the offensive weaopns to do it in Balt yet. At least he own a Super Bowl trying.

Crveballin
08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As Boller progresses he'll do more and more. Don't forget, Brian Billick is an offensive coach. He designed the Vikes scheme. He just hasn't had the offensive weaopns to do it in Balt yet. At least he own a Super Bowl trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree their offense will be better this year with the addition of Mason and im sure there will be a lot of close games where they give the ball to Lewis to run the clock down. I just feel there is better keeper options if the ankle isnt healthy.