PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating hand

Jim Morgan
08-18-2005, 04:14 PM
In the BB I was dealt Ac3c3d8d. I called a single raise and saw a flop 6-handed. (6BB) It came KcQd3h. I'm not sure if I need a free card or want to knock people out, so I check to see what happens. someone on my left bets and there are 3 callers. I hate bottom set, but tossing it away seems a bit extreme. I call. (8.5BB) Turn comes a 9h. Yuck. Original better bets agian and two people still call. Looks like they have high hands, probably 2 pair. I figure the bettor either made a straight or is pushing a higher set. I fold.

River comes a Jc. All 3 players check and the winner shows down 2 pair.

Was I supposed to call?

It looked like I was behind either a higher set or a straight. If I am behind a straight, it seems right to call, but then I considered the other callers. If even one of them is holding 2 paint pairs, I am drawing dead to 4 cards. It seeems like the ONLY way calling is correct is if NOBODY has a straight AND NOBODY has a higher set, since with 3 other players somebody really must have 2 higher pair than me. It turns out that they ALL had 2 big pair and I was actually WAY ahead. Is this likely enough to justify what appears on the surface to be a poor call?

Jim M

Ribbo
08-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Check raise the flop. Bet out the turn and check call 1 bet on the river.