PDA

View Full Version : TPTK 4-handed

joao_,martins
08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Pokerstars sit-n-go. 4 handed. Ive got 2400, blinds 100/200.
I am Button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif- J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds and I just limp. I did that because BB would 75 percent of the time raise me if I just limped from the button. So I decided to play it tricky and hopefully re-raise it all if he raises.
Well, SB folds and BB checks... so my plan was already not working well.
FLOP: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif- 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif- 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks and I bet 400. He check raises me to 1200.
Now, I have been doing a lot of position flop steals, but mostly never when he is in the hand... since he is very aggresive.
Now, I go through the range of hands and i put him on either 10-4, J-10, J-4 or a total bluff.
What do you guys put him on, and can I get away from this hand?

tigerite
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Seriously, AJs isn't really good enough to be 'trapping' with. I'd just push preflop in the first place, and I'd push the flop here after his raise.

I put him on Tx, Jx (but not two pair), KQ, 98, something like that. You have him beat most times here, I believe.

Rosencrantz1
08-18-2005, 02:17 PM
It would really help to know the other stack sizes. Thx.

YourFoxyGrandma
08-18-2005, 02:19 PM
4 handed, the other stack sizes matter tremendously.

Gramps
08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Stack sizes matter, but I'd venture given the description you're ahead most of the time here. If he did outflop you, a good % of the time he'd probably wait til the Turn to make a play. Plus, it sounds like this guy loves to make plays at people, and after the sequence of events, the C/R screams resteal. And of the times he has two pair, you still have redraws. From a chip EV standpoint at least, come back over the top. He'll be drawing to 3-5 outs a bunch of the time, and there's lots o' chips in the pot.

From a $EV standpoint...stack sizes matter.

joao_,martins
08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I have t2400.
BB has t3700.
UTG is the only one reasonably short-stacked and is clearly playing to place.

tigerite
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Hmm, this makes pushing preflop a little less palatable. What about SB?

joao_,martins
08-18-2005, 02:32 PM
SB is chipleader with 5100.

tigerite
08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm guessing then that UTG is at around 1400. Well, ok, I don't hate the limp so much now, and I maybe wouldn't push here. I'd prefer to raise unless your opponents were clever and knew that coming over the top would make you fold. (Which you probably should by ICM) But if you got to that flop, I would be getting all my chips in the middle after his raise, for the reasons Gramps stated.