PDA

View Full Version : quick affirmative action question

brad
04-01-2003, 04:55 AM
lets just say for the sake of argument that an orange person can get an m.d. with far less academic rigour than a blue person.

you have a choice between an orange doctor or a blue doctor.

which one do u choose?

otoh i cede the point that in a british aristocracy type system it probably doesnt matter if an inferior achiever gets some sort of bureaucratic prestige no real decision type job.

John Cole
04-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Do you mean that I'd be endorsing affirmative action by choosing the orange doctor? Or, do you mean that the orange doc went to a less prestigious med school and did inferior work during her training?

brad
04-01-2003, 07:09 AM
geez if youd go to a woman dr. , dont evn bother /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

IrishHand
04-01-2003, 09:37 AM
I would hire neither, since anyone blue or green is clearly possessed of a virulent disease or plague and is in no condition to treat others.

brad
04-01-2003, 03:20 PM
i refer to you star trek the next generation, sir ...

geez these speciesists really give humans a bad name ...

andyfox
04-01-2003, 03:33 PM
First thing you see when you got to a doctor's office is all those diplomas hanging on the wall. Should I ask the doctor how many points he got in the admissions process for being a minority or for having a father that attended the school? I rather think I should ask to see his report card. Maybe I have a sore throat and he got a D in throats and an A in feet so it averaged out OK and he got all those diplomas.

No one unqualified is getting to be a doctor because of affirmative action.

brad
04-01-2003, 03:37 PM
well obviously im arguing by taking a point to the extreme but you must admit i have a point.

B-Man
04-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Brad, I admit (and remember this, because it may be the only time) that you have a point.

brad
04-01-2003, 04:30 PM
what about US congressman saying we need to legalize fact that no border exists between US and mexico? do u agree with him? i doubt it.

do u think its a good idea that in oregon the state leg. is trying to pass a law where if you block traffic (like as in during a protest) you get mandatory life in jail? i doubt it.