PDA

View Full Version : Would you care or turn him away

sinfulslick18
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
If a new player came up to you saying how poker was all about luck and that it is important to see all the flops you can possibly see. Would you explain to him why his statements are not correct or would u ask him to play you heads up?

-sinful

dirty moose
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
heheh im evil, lets play

erby
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
i don't know a single person who would help him...in fact...i would encourage him. "Here's a seat buddy...these guys at the table really suck..."

ERBY /images/graemlins/spade.gif

sinfulslick18
08-18-2005, 02:06 PM
just makin sure i was on the right idea. thanks guys i guess i did the right thing then.

-sinful

illegit
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
The part about playing every hand is almost true when it comes to heads up.

Rosie5
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The part about playing every hand is almost true when it comes to heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and almost true is close to true so therefore it's true and he's right

just ask him how playing 5th street can be all luck when everything has been laid out for you and now it's times for you to decide what to do. He'll have nothing to say guarenteed

Mr Mojo Risin
08-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Sit down with him, and show him how much more 'luck' you have than him, and ffer to show him your luck any time he wants. If he truely belives that, then he will have no problem playing against you, for after all, you have no skill advantage acording to him.

08-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Your edge probably isn't that big in a heads up match.

If this person is a random, then no help required. If you know this person, and don't play with her often enough that you would be losing a large part of your profit due to her miseducation, then by all means, be a good friend and take one chance at stating otherwise. Enjoy the sustained earnings in her learning statges.

iluzion
08-18-2005, 04:56 PM
if you correct him you are a moran.

Cosimo
08-18-2005, 07:34 PM
This thread is useless without pics.

Also, what they said. If you don't know the guy -- why help him? Poker is entertainment. Show him a good time.