PDA

View Full Version : Limit Omaha and O/8

Your Mom
08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Lately, I have been playing in mixed games where Limit Omaha High Only and Limit O/8 are played. It doesn't seem like these 2 games are ever discussed here, but I wanted to check and see if anyone plays either of these two games or anyone has some basic strategies for Omaha High only. I have read Zee's O/8 book and can more than hold my own, but I would like to discuss some hands if others are interested.

sy_or_bust
08-18-2005, 12:58 PM
There are a few Hi-only posts in 'Other Poker', though they rarely get going. The archiveserver (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com) is a decent resource if you just want Omaha Hi information.

Ribbo
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
To be able to do that, you have to first post some hands.....

08-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Personal opinion only: Limit Omaha Hi is one of the most boring games to play.

Your Mom
08-18-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personal opinion only: Limit Omaha Hi is one of the most boring games to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it is part of the rotation in an undergrouung game I play in against very bad opponents.

Your Mom
08-18-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be able to do that, you have to first post some hands.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I just didn't know if anyone played/discussed limit hands. Most of what I see is just PL.

Ribbo
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Fire away.

Ribbo
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Actually it's a very exciting game, if you play it badly and want to gamble.

Your Mom
08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fire away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game runs once a week, Thursdays, so I should have something for you tomorrow.

TaoTe
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
I believe the intention of this board was for LO8 and PLO8 was to be on the Pot Limit Omaha forum.

I almost always play limit though and I lurk around this board frequently. There are limit questions and hands posted, so I'm sure someone can answer your questions. I think new players should get a couple thousand hands in at limit before they dive into PLO8. I don't understand the need to jump into PLO8 games. Pot limit poker is the hardest form to play and the most punishing to poor players. Say that five times fast. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ribbo
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the intention of this board was for LO8 and PLO8 was to be on the Pot Limit Omaha forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect, PLO8 is here.

Your Mom
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I almost always play limit though and I lurk around this board frequently. There are limit questions and hands posted, so I'm sure someone can answer your questions. I think new players should get a couple thousand hands in at limit before they dive into PLO8. I don't understand the need to jump into PLO8 games. Pot limit poker is the hardest form to play and the most punishing to poor players. Say that five times fast. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played some PLO, but not PLO8. I've played a decent amt. of O8 limit and always in live games, either 10/20 or 20/40 both with half kills. I've read Zee's book and Helmuth's section and this has been good enough to at least make me a winning player (Most of my opponents aren't good at all.) but I would like to become even better because I can see that there is a lot of money to be made in these games.

CarlosN
08-18-2005, 05:34 PM
where is this game played? its not in El Centro california is it?

FeliciaLee
08-18-2005, 06:39 PM
This is where the problem lies. I have chatted back and forth to Mat about how to change the names and/or descriptions of the two Omaha forums, to make it more clear where to put posts.

For right now, it seems as though the Limit Omaha 8, PLO8 and any tourney O8 belongs in this forum.

Limit Omaha High, PLO and any tourney Omaha high is being put in the PLO forum.

Until or unless Mat decides otherwise, guess that is the way we'll keep doing it.

Since LO8 seems to play in a pretty direct manner, most of the posts in this forum are PLO8. It's not that most of us are playing PL more than limit, it's just that most questions that arise are PL questions.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your Mom
08-19-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where is this game played? its not in El Centro california is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative

Your Mom
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is where the problem lies. I have chatted back and forth to Mat about how to change the names and/or descriptions of the two Omaha forums, to make it more clear where to put posts.

For right now, it seems as though the Limit Omaha 8, PLO8 and any tourney O8 belongs in this forum.

Limit Omaha High, PLO and any tourney Omaha high is being put in the PLO forum.

Until or unless Mat decides otherwise, guess that is the way we'll keep doing it.

Since LO8 seems to play in a pretty direct manner, most of the posts in this forum are PLO8. It's not that most of us are playing PL more than limit, it's just that most questions that arise are PL questions.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks F.L. Hope you are doing well.