PDA

View Full Version : My Greatest Comeback Ever, Please Share Yours!

grandgnu
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Single-table sit n' go on Empire. Start with 800 chips. Early on I give up most of my chips during three-way action when I flop an open-ended straight draw.

I'm left with 75 (that's SEVENTY-FIVE) measly chips left. I go on to win the whole thing, I kid you not. I just made the right stands at the right times. And when my chip stack was healthy again played some amazing poker.

Heads-up we tossed around the chip lead numerous times, but eventually I took it back with 5/5 vs. his 9/10 (all-in pre-flop and I snagged a set, he hit his pair on the river) Then I took him down with Q/7 vs. his J/4.

Going from 75 chips to 8,000 was freaking amazing, I've never staged a comeback like that. Please feel free to share your greatest comeback stories, there HAS to be someone who's done it with 50 chips, or even 30! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChoicestHops
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Yesterday (22) my QQ lost to 99 in Level 1 and left me with 15 chips. I came back and got in second.

The Yugoslavian
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Please don't share!!!!

Please use the search function!!!!

Please die!!!!

Yugoslav

Hornacek
08-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Played a $30+3... got to HE.

Even chip stacks, we got all in, I lost. I had 30 chips left. 7770 to 30 chip lead, but I won like 7 straight all-ins, got to even stacks, and he was too terrified to play against me (since luck was seemingly on my side).

I win!

~Horn.

HigherAce
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
My best was from 10 chips. Was in a 22 on party. Cant remember if it was KK to QQ or AA to KK but I got screwed then went on to win the next 5 hands in a row. 10-50, 50-150,150-300, 300-600, 600-1200 sounds about right. And yes I came back to win it.

My bro played a disgusting game yesterday though. Was a 22 on party. He doubled up first hand of the tourny knocking someone out and after that it was over. NO one in the tourny ever broke 1k all the way down till it was heads up with 6800 to 800 to 300. First he took out the 800 then the 300. I think he MIGHT of lost 1 hand the whole tournament. Never seen a tourny dominated like that.

acIdREIGN462
08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't share!!!!

Please die!!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't share!!!!

Please die!!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that was nothing but rude. Are we alowed to make posts?

tigerite
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
We see one of these 'greatest comeback' things all the time. I've come back from 15 chips on a full table at level 2 to win, what diff does it make? Nobody really wants to hear about it.

grandgnu
08-18-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We see one of these 'greatest comeback' things all the time. I've come back from 15 chips on a full table at level 2 to win, what diff does it make? Nobody really wants to hear about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one forced you to visit this thread. If you don't like these posts, don't read them and don't post in them and bump them to the top, geesh, how hard is that?

Your posting here (for you) is -EV. And there are obviously "some" people interested in these.

CaptSensible
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
First off Congrats! Comebacks like that are totally energizing.

I have two great comebacks:

1. down to 40 chips in level 1 to take 1st place

2. down to 20 chips in level 1 to take 3rd place

Moonsugar
08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
1000 chip tourney and 15 chips with 7 left and I won.

grandgnu
08-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Dammit, my 75 chip comeback pales in comparison to the 10 and 15 chip comebacks. I remain.......humbled.

WiredPear
08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
My best comeback was a live MTT tourney at the Rio. We had 66 people in the tourney (with rebuys). There was a total of $185,000 in chips in play.

Halfway through the tourney (33 people left) I was down to $250 in chips or .001% of all chips in play. The average stack was $5600. I ended up winning the tourney.

durron597
08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Down to 158 chips in level 5 (75/150) on Stars.

hyde
08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm ITM, big stack
"computer connectivity problem".....aaarrrgggghhhhhh
can't reconnect, I quit, get a beer.
10 minutes later I try again just because..
I get back to the table in time to see my stack as all-in in the small blind HU.
I win it.

and the guy doesn't even give me the "gg...."
might have been busy smashing his keyboard....

Crispy86
08-19-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Single-table sit n' go on Empire. Start with 800 chips. Early on I give up most of my chips during three-way action when I flop an open-ended straight draw.

I'm left with 75 (that's SEVENTY-FIVE) measly chips left. I go on to win the whole thing, I kid you not. I just made the right stands at the right times. And when my chip stack was healthy again played some amazing poker.

Heads-up we tossed around the chip lead numerous times, but eventually I took it back with 5/5 vs. his 9/10 (all-in pre-flop and I snagged a set, he hit his pair on the river) Then I took him down with Q/7 vs. his J/4.

Going from 75 chips to 8,000 was freaking amazing, I've never staged a comeback like that. Please feel free to share your greatest comeback stories, there HAS to be someone who's done it with 50 chips, or even 30! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than tell you I've made comebacks from less, albeit true, I read of one major live event last year IIRC, where Michael Mizerak was down to his last $200 in chips, covered by the blinds he was forced to put up, and came back to end up in 5th in the $1M+ event. Now THAT'S a comeback!

Albert

Xhad
08-19-2005, 12:41 PM
This is from a live MTT, but...

I'm at a final table, six players left, top three pay. I push UTG with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG as chip leader with six or seven times the BB (around 20000 I think). The BB, for reasons unknown, decided to call me with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He pairs and I don't, and he was second in chips and left me with 2000 points (which, since the round had just ended, was now less than one chip; after the color-up I have one). I went on tilt so bad at that point I don't remember most of the hands between then and when it got down to three people, but I was told by spectators I went all in something like fifteen out of seventeen hands, and I did make a couple gross suckouts (all in in the blind with Q7o, small blind calls with KQo, flop is K 3 4, turn is 6, river is 5).

I ended up winning the thing. Oh, and 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif kid managed to get fifth. Bloody donk just gave away my chips. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bluff Daddy
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't share!!!!

Please die!!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly why even read the post then?

08-19-2005, 03:08 PM
Once I was down to t40 at the 1-st level but finally won 1st place. Second case seems more impressive. On the bubble at the level 250/500 I had only 6 (six) chips left. Came back to t4500, but unfortunately finished only 3rd.

IdiotVig
08-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Three nights ago, was down to 35 chips in the 11s on Stars in level 3, and had to post the small blind the next hand. Came back to win it. i am t eh L337 pokr playr!!!!!!!

08-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Last night I came back from being down to 35 chips in the 3rd level on a 10+1 to win it against 6 others..

Best comback ever though would be playing a free roll on PP.

I was chipleader with about 8k in chips, around 600 out of 2500 people left in. Avg stack was around 3k. went down to 54 chips in two hands.. went all in the next 8 or so hands in a row.. won them all.. than went all in the next hand with about 3k in chips holding jj and got called by AA and AK.. spiked a jack. Went on to place 2nd.

I need to pull up that hand history. That was fun.

Aklectic

odellthurman
08-19-2005, 04:46 PM
One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!

ZeroPointMachine
08-19-2005, 04:49 PM
MMT omaha8 33 players left pays 20
This guy at my table gets scooped in a multi way pot and winds up with 3 chips. Somehow he survives at least 10 orbits and 20 allins and sneaks into the money.

grandgnu
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

Yeah yeah, your sarcasm is duly noted. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

durron597
08-19-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, that's what half of poker camp is... sex-ed!

08-19-2005, 08:01 PM
My greatest comeback story is a live MTT, 30 players. Buyin was...t1200 at least. My memory is somewhat foggy on this.

Several loose calls and seeing too many flops left me with 70 chips at 75/150 blinds after the second merge (down to the final ten). I was able to recover (after pushing JTs and catching a T on the river to make two pair), then got short-stacked again. And again and again.

In all, I was short-stack at the final ten, 7-handed, 5-handed AND 3-handed. I ended up winning that tourney after several lucky pushes, blind-stealing and what is still, to this day, the best heads-up I've played. There was a great amount of beginner's luck involved (especially because most of those players were, and still are donks), and I've evolved much more as a poker player since then, but the story is still fun to tell.