PDA

View Full Version : HELP - selling a satellite tourney at Stars

bwana devil
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I entered a satellite tourney last night on Stars and once it started I realized it was limit stud which I’ve never played. Through shear dumb luck I wound up winning the thing. I don’t think I’m going to push my luck any further and I need to check into selling it.

If you’re familiar w/ them, could you please PM me the names of websites that buy satellite entrances at Stars? I’d really appreciate it.

btw I PMed Mike H prior to posting this and asked for his permission.

bwana

Mike Haven
08-18-2005, 12:13 PM
oh - by the way, bwana, in my reply, i forgot to tell you that the last time i agreed in the dark to someone posting something, the post was deleted, the poster was banned, and Mat punched my teeth so far down my throat i have to stick the toothbrush up my arse to clean them

good luck

(and congrats on the win)

usmfan
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Why not just unregister and keep the T$ for other tourneys?

bwana devil
08-18-2005, 12:28 PM
that's a dangerous precedent that's set. i hope i dont bring you any physical harm. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MicroBob
08-18-2005, 12:30 PM
you can unregister from the tourney.

you get it back to you as W$.

You can use these for any WCOOP satellite you like.
you can also save them up for the upcoming European Poker Tour satellites (Oct thru March), or the Caribbean Cruise tourney satellites (in January) or the WSOP satellites (next June/July) or even next year's WCOOP (Sept 2006).

There's no reason to sell the W$ unless you really just need/want the cash.
Just unregister from the event you qualified for and use the W$ any way you like within the tourneys run in the 'special events' category.

bwana devil
08-18-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just unregister and keep the T$ for other tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, didn't know that was an option. im fairly new to stars and they do things differently than other sites (thankfully). thanks for telling me about that option.

bwana devil
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can unregister from the tourney.

you get it back to you as W$.

You can use these for any WCOOP satellite you like.
you can also save them up for the upcoming European Poker Tour satellites (Oct thru March), or the Caribbean Cruise tourney satellites (in January) or the WSOP satellites (next June/July) or even next year's WCOOP (Sept 2006).

[/ QUOTE ]

prior to reading your post i looked at their website and was a bit confused. thanks for the further clarification MB.

so i can start dreaming of WSOP 06? or the caribbean? or europe? looks like ill have some fun homework tonight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bwana

MicroBob
08-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't think it's on their website.
But that's just how it works. The W$ never expire.

The EPT satellites should be starting up soon and you'll be able to see that your W$ are just as good for those.

Barcelona is Sept 16-17 so I'm rather surprised they haven't started the satellites for this one yet (someone at Stars support told me that they thought they would get going last weekend but that they weren't sure).

Anyway, I'm playing in a bunch of these WCOOP satellites and I'm not sure whether I'm even going to play in ANY of the main-events...because the Europe and Caribbean events are so much more attractive to me and I'd like to save up my W$ to give myself a chance of winning one of those.

bwana devil
08-18-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...because the Europe and Caribbean events are so much more attractive to me and I'd like to save up my W$ to give myself a chance of winning one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you biased to europe and caribbean? personal preference or anything particular about the setup?