PDA

View Full Version : hi, i have some questions!!!!

08-18-2005, 11:11 AM
hi plz answer this questions.

We are six to seven guys that use to play texas hold em. how many chips should we start with each? how many different chip valus should we use and what should they be worth each? how big will the blinds be?

2. If the player with fewest chip goes all-in and win, the rest of the players checks, he wins the main pot. but the side pot? does we split it up fairly or does the second best hand win the rest?

3. how often should we raise the blinds?

MicroBob
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Most of these are entirely up to you:

how many chips should we start with each?

I think 37,439 is a good number.

how many different chip valus should we use and what should they be worth each?

The whites are 2, the yellows are 3.5, the reds are 5, the blues are 12 and the greens are 27.
The browns are 589 and the oranges are 1473

how big will the blinds be?

try being original.
start with blinds of 20k/40k and then work your way backwards.

how often should we raise the blinds?

you should lower the blinds on every hand.

If the player with fewest chip goes all-in and win, the rest of the players checks, he wins the main pot. but the side pot? does we split it up fairly or does the second best hand win the rest?

If I'm understanding the question correctly then the next best hand wins the rest.
Actually...to do it correctly...you show the hands competing for the side-pot first (and the all-in short-stack guy doesn't show yet). Whichever of those players still competing for the side pot has the best hand wins that.
Then the short-stack guy turns over his cards because the next pot you are competing for is the main-pot (for which he is eligible).
If his hand is best then he wins it.

If you use chip denominations and a blind-structure similar to the one I suggested then PLEASE invite me to your game.

henrikrh
08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Now for a serious response....

Start everyone with 5000 in chips or so...

7x100
4x200
3x500
2x1000

Raise the blinds every 25-30 mins, start at 100/200 and double it each time.

A player can only win the side pot if he is all in, if he is all in with 600 in chips vs. 2 other players the max he can win is 1800 in chips, 600 from each opponent.

Hope this helps.

EStreet20
08-18-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A player can only win the side pot if he is all in

[/ QUOTE ]
WRONG!!!!!!!!!

That's the main pot. The pot contested by players with more chips is the side pot.

Matt

P.S. I love arguing semantics

xCEO
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of these are entirely up to you:

The whites are 2, the yellows are 3.5, the reds are 5, the blues are 12 and the greens are 27.

try being original.

If the player with fewest chip goes all-in and win, the rest of the players checks, he wins the main pot. but the side pot? does we split it up fairly or does the second best hand win the rest?

If I'm understanding the question correctly then the next best hand wins the rest.
Actually...to do it correctly...you show the hands competing for the side-pot first (and the all-in short-stack guy doesn't show yet). Whichever of those players still competing for the side pot has the best hand wins that.
Then the short-stack guy turns over his cards because the next pot you are competing for is the main-pot (for which he is eligible).

If you use chip denominations and a blind-structure similar to the one I suggested then PLEASE invite me to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

Guernica4000
08-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Micro,

I am very surprised with your reply. I mean your advice regarding this question is waaaaay off.

If the player with fewest chips goes all-in and win, the rest of the players checks, he wins the main pot. but the side pot? does we split it up fairly or does the second best hand win the rest?

If the player with the fewest chips wins the main pot the side pot goes to the player on his left as long as two rules are followed: 1) he wasn't in the hand and the game is played on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. It goes to the player on his right as long as he 1) wasn’t in the hand or the game is played on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. If the game is played on Sunday and the short stack wins then the chips are removed from the table and donated to the church.

Again Micro after your reply to this answer I have to wonder if you have ever played this game. :-)

BTW I loved the “how big will the blinds be? Try being original, start with blinds of 20k/40k and then work your way backwards.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aeioux
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
"Most of these are entirely up to you:

try being original.

If you use chip denominations and a blind-structure similar to the one I suggested then PLEASE invite me to your game. "

Micro you are guhloryus!

Fabian
08-19-2005, 12:14 AM
I absolutely love your screen name.