PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever gotten in the zone and kicked somebody's ass?

Indiana
08-18-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm just wondering about an experience I had when I was younger. Ok, long story short...Guy's gf likes me, tells guy that we are bonin and he rolls up in my front yard with his dukes up. His 3 boys are waitin in the car. So this guy thinks I'm just another suburban white guy and doesn't realize that I'm about to get projectish on his ass. I explain to him that its a misunderstanding and we dont need to do this. Either way, he wants to go so I have no choice. Im not even fully dressed, still in my socks...you know and I am out in the front yard and start bobbing and weaving as the adrenaline kicks in....Next thing I know I'm dipping and poppin this guy with nice combos and whatnot....Weird thing is, I'm totally out of it...Its very strange like I'm just observing and not taking part. I call this the zone. Im sitting there droppin ass on this guy and watching his head go back as he takes the punches and it feels like im playing Mike Tyson's punchout or something....Like its not really happening.

Has anyone else had this out of body experience? I call it the zone.

Indy

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I had something similar happen to me my first week in portland, OR. But, the fight never happened. I live on a one way street and a car was going the wrong way. I put my hands up like WTF are you doing? (Oh and it was like 2:30 in the morning). Well, he gets out of his SUV and says "what are you going to do about it?" Now, I am not a big guy and generally try to avoid fighting (read: p-ssy). So, I just say, "Man, you need to be careful it is a one way street and you could have hit me". Then, 3 of his friends get out of the SUV. Now, I know I am a dead mofo if they decide to fight me. I mean I couldn't beat the first guy up, much less 4 of them. So, they start saying sh-t like, "what are you going to do about it?", etc...The driver, who is the original guy to get out of the vehicle says something to the effect of, "I'll tell you what he is going go do about it. He is going to get his ass kicked." So, I am thinking, I can run and just not deal with it or make them think maybe I am crazy and save my ego. So, I start taking off my jacket (i have "jail house tats" btw on my arms) and I don't know what I was thinking..but the only thing I can think of to say is, "Well, am I going to fight all of you at once or one after the other?" And I said it very calmly and convincing. (Well, I didn't say that. Some weird tough spirit flew in my body and made me say it.). The driver then said, "[censored] you dumb ass" and got back in his SUV and left.

I am glad they didn't answer my question. I was getting my ass kicked. But, i guess it worked, because they decided not to fight me.

I guess that wasn't what you were really looking for, but, oh well.

craig

rusellmj
08-18-2005, 11:07 AM
This is not the "Zone". This is beating up someone with no skillz.

dealer_toe
08-18-2005, 11:11 AM
The people in the car were actually his parents and the kid was 9. You must not have realized it from inside the "zone".

schwza
08-18-2005, 11:21 AM
that's a great story.

miajag81
08-18-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's a great story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
No, not really. This guy was known to be tough but by this time my parents had moved to a nicer side of town where the competition was weaker. I forgot to end the story, basically his three friends got really scared and locked their doors. Before long i had this guy over the hood of his card bloodying up his face. He kept saying something like, don't come to the football game friday night. I was like, dude I'll be out on the field....

Indy

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh to the guy in the SUV situation...You might be suprised at how strong and badass you can become when you enter the zone. I've gotta find a way to bottle some of this adrenaline so I can kick some ass on demand. Hell, if we could figure this out we could make some $ selling it to boxers.

Indy

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh to the guy in the SUV situation...You might be suprised at how strong and badass you can become when you enter the zone. I've gotta find a way to bottle some of this adrenaline so I can kick some ass on demand. Hell, if we could figure this out we could make some $ selling it to boxers.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but i am not really tough or violent. I just got tough guy tattoos. Mainly an image thing. Like the one on my chest that says "TIMEBOMB". I was 18 when I got it and it has meaning....but it makes me look pretty tough if necessary.

craig

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe them dudes saw that tatoo and got scared. Honestly, I am not sure if the adrenaline works the same for everybody. I grew up getting into street fights weekly so I'd had my ass kicked around 50 times before getting out of middle school, and was tough because of it. I was also into sports...captain of wrestling team in H.S. and football. Thing is, I just wonder if anyone has ever gotten into this zone or if its just something that is unique to only a few.

Indy

Inthacup
08-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Having met you in person, this story is GREAT.

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Face it Cup, you were terrified of me. I remember you telling 2KFlushes, "don't fck with that guy..he is crazy!". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

craig

STLantny
08-18-2005, 11:36 AM
I was exchanging words with someone one time at a bar. Tottally not my fault, but he bar slid me, or soemthing, and I was really pissed, before I knew it someone was behind me grabbing me, and I broke through, did a nice combo to the stomach and bloddied a nose. without thinking. Very anamilisitic, if you will.

Then I realized it was one of my good friends trying to get me away from the situation. Scared the [censored] enough to make him leave hte bar though..I ended up buying a lot of beers for my friend that night.

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe them dudes saw that tatoo and got scared. Honestly, I am not sure if the adrenaline works the same for everybody. I grew up getting into street fights weekly so I'd had my ass kicked around 50 times before getting out of middle school, and was tough because of it. I was also into sports...captain of wrestling team in H.S. and football. Thing is, I just wonder if anyone has ever gotten into this zone or if its just something that is unique to only a few.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Football team and wrestling team? Yeah, your friends were kicking the crap at of me and my skateboarding friends. We could handle you guys. It was the skinheads that were the real problem.

My thing that night was more of a silly pride thing. And it was silly. Because if what i said didn't work I was going to get my ass kicked. And worse, I wouldn't have had a good story.

craig

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Like the bar story. So you've been in the zone too. Have you noticed that the ladies are swarming the day after you pull off an asswhoopin like that. I actually had not been cheating with this guy's gf when he fought me, but after she found out what I had done to her bf, we were bonin on like test monkeys.

Indy

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I wasn't kicking any skateborders asses. I never picked fights and always respected different types of people. I was one of those guys who just ended up getting in tight situations where I had to fight. However, a lot of the guys on my team (QB was a tool) did pick fights with guys like you and I never hung with them when they did....I was a loner, just walking the earth minding my own like Kane Kung Fu.

Indy

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I know. I was teasing. Texas..its like a whole nother country.

craig

STLantny
08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
uh, ya, the ladies are always all over me.

But, seriously, I do find that there is a zone for picking up girls too. I cant put my finger on it, but I go out to bars. A lot. And about 30% of the time, I can do no wrong with girls, without trying, its odd. Of course the other 70% im a stumbling idiot. Ive found a couple factors that play into this:
when Im hungover, my sense of humor goes up, so does my tendency to not give a [censored] about anything- therefore my [censored] is on

day of a good workout- my [censored] is on

only two factors Ive found so far.

STLantny
08-18-2005, 11:50 AM
This is a story where I wasnt in the zone, but still funny.

I was at a bachelor party of a friend, he was 24 I was 19 at the time. We went to this bar, and I was second in, because we always send an old guy, then me with a fake, then the rest of hte old guys. Well one of my small old guy friends goes first, gets in, makes a bee line towards the bathroom, then I go, show my ID, get in. Then the rest of my friends, one of whom is nicknamed Beef, start to come in, they are all big boys. Well, the bachelor was too drunk to get in, unfortunetly I didnt realize that, and assumed they were all right behind me on the way to the bar. This big drunk [censored] said something to me, scuffle ensued (he was mammoth, and could have eaten me) but I popped him a few times with an empty bottle, and looked for the closest guy next to him to take on, assuming that my boys had my back. I turned around, saw no one, but what I assumed were his friends, and ran out of the bar as fast as I could.

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Yes Texas is different. I dont even think we had any skinheads in North Carolina when I was in school. We just had the strong line between black/white kids and then there were the drama people.

Indy

lu_hawk
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
i have not been in a fight for years now but the in all the fights that i have gotten into, i have never remembered much of what happened. and the stuff that i do remember seems like it wasn't really me. maybe that is the zone. but in my last fight i got beat up by a bunch of black dudes so maybe not.

Indiana
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Yah, growing up in a black community makes a difference in my zone. The af. american culture is a lot more physically agressive and when I moved to the white side of town at age 15 most people were afraid of me after they had seen me in a couple of fights. Again, the competition for fighting is just so different on the East side of town:)

Indy

craig r
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Well, as i had mentioned in another thread..i would probably have been killed twice by skins if it wasn't for some african american guys saving my ass....even when the cops took us all to jail....the african americans were still talking [censored] to the skins.

craig

touchfaith
08-18-2005, 12:07 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1175/quit6xs.jpg

Indiana
08-18-2005, 12:08 PM
cool. I never understood what skinheads were all about. What's their point? What's their music? I dunno, just a simple NC boy.

Indy

Indiana
08-18-2005, 12:10 PM
I'd like to get in the zone and kick Thinman's ass right now. Then again, I prolly wouldn't need to be in the zone since he's a pussy anyhow.

Indy

craig r
08-18-2005, 12:17 PM
The skins in Houston were mainly white power. They like going to punk rock shows and beating people up (though most punk rock is very anti racist). People used to compare them to bully jocks when i was in high school. The difference was the bully jocks were not truly hateful and mean. the skins in texas are.

craig

_2000Flushes
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Face it Cup, you were terrified of me. I remember you telling 2KFlushes, "don't fck with that guy..he is crazy!". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you laugh now, but I pissed myself when I first met you. I told Cup, "Dude, I'm allergic to filtered cigarettes, but there's no way I'm asking him to tear that thing off."

-2kF

craig r
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you laugh now, but I pissed myself when I first met you. I told Cup, "Dude, I'm allergic to filtered cigarettes, but there's no way I'm asking him to tear that thing off."

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember what movie we discussed at great length? I remember you saying, "If you were bigger, taller, and better looking you would be Patrick Bateman. How many girls do you have in your fridge Craig?" And I remember staring you down and saying, "I have to go return some videos." You were terrified.

craig

turnipmonster
08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
there were a lot of skinheads in nc where I grew up.

Indiana
08-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I grew up in Winston-Salem. I don't remember any skins...Where u from?

Indy

_2000Flushes
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Post deleted by _2000Flushes

craig r
08-18-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember what movie we discussed at great length? I remember you saying, "If you were bigger, taller, and better looking you would be Patrick Bateman. How many girls do you have in your fridge Craig?" And I remember staring you down and saying, "I have to go return some videos." You were terrified.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

And then after ten minutes of uncomfortable silence you said to me, "Hey, little lady. <huff, huff, chuckle, snort> How do you like yer coffee? I like mine like I like my women: ground up and in the freezer."

That's when I shat myself.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand I just had an image I wanted to uphold? I am no Patrick Bateman. BTW..did you get those business cards? Tell me they aren't Bone.

craig

JayLear
08-18-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
..but the only thing I can think of to say is, "Well, am I going to fight all of you at once or one after the other?" And I said it very calmly and convincing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet bluff...

Crimson
08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
At the movies, second date with this really cute girl so i've got my game on and am trying to be all cool and impressive. This dude and his 2 buddies in the row in front of us are loud as Fcuk, and these 3 high school girls next to us ask them to be quiet. Not in the nicest way, but they were annoying as hell so no one cared. Homie turns around and says something to the affect of "ill be as loud as i F***ing want" and keeps talking. After the movie, testosterone gets up and starts talking [censored] to the girls, like "WTF were you gonna do about it" and pushes one. At this point, there are 3 guys, but i dont like dudes pushing girls around, so i stand up (6'2") and say you need to stop.
Movie theather is on a slant so im at least 6 inches up on all these guys, and they mumble and start walkin out. Everyone's leavin and in the lobby one of them grabs my shoulder and says something and i just pull away and keep walking, but he grabs me again and as i spin around i see his fist coming, i step to the side, grab his wrist with my left hand and punch him in the face so fast it startled the hell out of me. I think i broke his nose because he hit the floor, blood was everywhere, and i looked at his 2 friends (who were deciding what to do in their thuglike brains) and said "We're leaving."

Manager comes up and says whats goin on, people around tell him i was just defending myself, i scored a ton of points on that date because i really tried not to fight but kicked some serious ass when i did.

I dont ever move that fast, but when i saw his fist coming i didnt even think, i guess 4 years of BS martial arts actually did something, cause that was freakin awesome.

Totally the zone.

turnipmonster
08-18-2005, 12:55 PM
raleigh

codewarrior
08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Winston-Salem, the Compton of North Carolina

Piedmont represent, yo. Tool /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SomethingClever
08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
What neighborhood were you in?

M2d
08-18-2005, 01:15 PM
who needs the "zone"? I have samoan homeboys

08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Whenever I have been in a fight it has always been an unpleasant experience whether I won or lost. The sooner I forgot about them the better. Peace

Many

tdarko
08-18-2005, 02:22 PM
yes i have been in the zone (its just adrenaline) and i have both beaten up and got beaten up while in the zone. the zone is great because if you get your ass kicked you don't feel it till' later.

Indiana
08-18-2005, 02:35 PM
There are skinheads in Raleigh? I did my undergrad. work in the triangle and I never saw any. Maybe i was just too busy gettin ass on Franklin/Hillsborough St to notice. Indy's a lover not a fighter, kinda like sup bro.

Indy

turnipmonster
08-18-2005, 03:11 PM
there were skinheads in both raleigh and chapel hill, in fact they used to occasionally fight each other at shows. a fairly large faction used to hang out by the post office on franklin st. when I was in high school (mid 90's).

maybe they all went away, I dunno. I sort of stopped noticing them. I never remember seeing too many after high school, but remember a few at an H20 show in 2000 or something.

--turnipmonster

craig r
08-18-2005, 03:15 PM
In Houston the white power skinheads and SHARPS pretty much merged. I guess they decided that they just really wanted to drink beer and fight. I haven't been to Houston for a while, so I don't know the current situation. This was 6 years ago. I do remember, before they merged, that they used to fight each other. If only all hateful groups would do the same thing.

craig

craig

teamdonkey
08-18-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have not been in a fight for years now but the in all the fights that i have gotten into, i have never remembered much of what happened. and the stuff that i do remember seems like it wasn't really me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this describes me to a T. More than once in high school my buddies had to tell me how it went down. Thinking back it's a little scary... if you're acting only on instinct, what's to stop you from killing a guy?

vulturesrow
08-18-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who needs the "zone"? I have samoan homeboys

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never spoken. If you have Somoan friends for backup, you need not ever worry about getting in a fight. Ive played rugby against those guys and its more than enough to convince me to never fight one of those dudes..

Blarg
08-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Those dudes are friggin huge. Even at 15.

BillNye
08-18-2005, 10:52 PM
i tottally p00ned some nubs in halo 2 MAN I WASN'T IN THE ZONE I WAS THE ZONE

meep_42
08-18-2005, 11:21 PM
We have gimmick account abuse!

-d