PDA

View Full Version : TPNK coord board

thesharpie
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Just joined this table while it was short. Button seems decent, other guy unknown, no doubt an idiot for posting UTG+1.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds

Don't know what I was thinking... Is this a check raise on the flop? With the flop line I took do you check call or check fold the turn?

Stinkybeaver
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
i think I check/fold the turn. I don't like the donk bet even though it prevents Button from taking a free card.

I'd rather have him take that free card with this marginal hand. This way I get to evaluate my hand on the river. Anyways I don't think he would have taken any free card since he seems to be presenting a made hand here.

08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
You lost more money on this hand than you shouldve. About the flop, even though this is a scary board you are correct to bet against 3 likely weak opponents. However once the button raises here you have to fold. There is no flush draw here, and the button is raising for value. You can easily be drawing dead to your runner runner flush. I admit it looks totally weak to ever fold the flop for one more small bet after you bet but you should make an exception on this board becuz the last thing you want to do is call and then hit your kicker on the turn since that can easily end up costing you more money. About your turn play. Once you make that loose call on the flop, you should check and fold the turn unimproved.
-Wes

peterchi
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However once the button raises here you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I hated this, but now, I really can't find an argument against it.

So, you're drawing practically dead to AT, KQ, KJ, T9. Granted the first two/three aren't that likely since he'd probably raise pre-flop. But not everyone will.

You're really only drawing decently against QJ. I think the only reasonable hands that you're ahead of are JT or QT, but they both have a ton of outs.

And I guess you don't really need to feel an overwhelming attachment to this pot.

It just seems so... weak. But I guess I'll go with it, unless anyone else can argue against it. I can't.

08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However once the button raises here you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I hated this, but now, I really can't find an argument against it.

So, you're drawing practically dead to AT, KQ, KJ, T9. Granted the first two/three aren't that likely since he'd probably raise pre-flop. But not everyone will.

You're really only drawing decently against QJ. I think the only reasonable hands that you're ahead of are JT or QT, but they both have a ton of outs.

And I guess you don't really need to feel an overwhelming attachment to this pot.

It just seems so... weak. But I guess I'll go with it, unless anyone else can argue against it. I can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fold the flop. Maybe I'm wrong. Let's, there's 8SB in the pot, when it's back to you, and it'll prolly be 9SB to your 1SB call, when MP calls to end the flop action. You have a backdoor draw + 3 outs to two pair. You also may have the best hand.

You get no outs on the turn, so I would prolly also bet/fold. This is how OP played it, and I don't see any real fault in it.

If a 4 hits the turn, I think I bet it &amp; call down.

If a spade hits, I check/call, and c/r the river assuming button bet the turn again.

Any other thoughts?