PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Paradox

Jimbo
03-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Imagine that everything you have ever learned about Mason and David has come from only one of two sources, either here on the 2+2 forum or RGP.

If you had been the RGP convert you would probably believe Mason is a boorish, rude, incosiderate, vengeful ego-maniac by virtue of illuminating posts by Abdul, Gary Carson, Diane of Green Bay and Izmet. Wheras David might come off as a personable, brilliant, studious ego-maniac.

Now if you were the 2+2 convert Mason shows a priceless sense of humor, even handed criticism, warmth, intelligence, a high tolerance of criticism and is courteous. Wheras David comes across as curt, holier than thou, impatient, eccentric and impolite.

Don't get me wrong I would be thrilled to spend an evening with either (or both) of these men learning more about them both personally as well as professionally. I have learned a great deal about limit poker both here and from their books with much more left to digest and implement. However without both sources as well as their books to draw from it might be easy to dislike either of them but it would be difficult, if not impossible, to not respect their talent and knowledge of math, poker and life.

I want to thank David and Mason for their dedication and hard work helping others improve their poker skills as well as providing these forums offering open discussion on a wide range of topics. Personally I would be lost wtihout the Other Topics forum! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif