PDA

View Full Version : Explaining yesterday's bad luck using the "logic" of America's fudies.

jj_frap
08-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Satan is obviously responsible for my bad luck.

Yesterday, I finished my online PLOH session with $666.66 after going from $662 to $680 and then losing most of my day's paltry winnings on a failed naked ace bluff followed by a bad beat.

So I have a good laugh about it, go to work, and then head to the pub to play poker with some friends...

We're playing our first game, and I lose my entire chipstack when A2 cracks my AA.

Next game, I lose all of my chips when my 66 (Those damn 6s again.) goes all-in due to blind pressure and loses to KQs hitting a K on the turn.

Next hand I go from 6 chips to 16 when my 57s (blinds are 4/8 and I'm BB) K9 of clubs flops two clubs and turns a K against AQ of diamonds. River is the ace of spades, one of the only two cards that beats me.

It must be Satan. God has lifted his veil of protection from me for bashing the Catholic Church, calling for cannabis legalisation and more places to gamble, demanding the full secularisation of the state, and placing scientific reasoning above blind faith.