PDA

View Full Version : another large pot decision

08-18-2005, 08:38 AM
pacific $1/$2, UTG is a TAG and the others are loose passive fishies.

Hero is MP with Kd-Kh. UTG limps, hero raises, LP-1, LP and Button cold call, blinds fold and UTG calls: 10SB's

Flop: Qc, 6h, 5d. UTG bets, hero raise, all call. 10BB's

Turn: Jh. UTG bets, hero raise, LP-1 and LP cold call, button folds, UTG RAISES (aaaaargghhh), hero... ?

The Jack just made his 2 pair right? We're toast

2) Another question on the flop play, do you think this is a case for waiting until the turn to raise? Raising the flop faces the field with 6.5:1 odds which makes the 5 outers and gutshots incorrect to call.
Calling the flop and Raising the turn gives 5:1 odds which makes it makes it more incorrect to call, but you would have given them their chance to suck out on the turn. Hmm, I think I just answered my own question - I still raise flop.

ArturiusX
08-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Even if his jack did made a two pair, we have counterfeit outs. I call down, especially on pacific.

08-18-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if his jack did made a two pair, we have counterfeit outs. I call down, especially on pacific.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya, I never thought about that, thanks.

I don't think any more discussion necessary on the turn call then. I called cos I was scared he was bluffing or overplaying A-Q and just generally doing the 'paying off in large pots' thing.

River: 2h. UTG bets, hero calls, LP-1 RAISES , LP folds, UTG calls, hero....?

Do we really need to pay this last bet off?

Fantam
08-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Yes you were correct to raise the flop.

It does look like UTG either made 2 pair on the turn or he may have a set. Still you are getting 19:1 to call the turn for the chance of making your set of K's by the river.

So I would call down. The river will be too big to fold to the slim chance that UTG was bluffing.

Fantam
08-18-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still call. The pot is huge, you have an overpair and are closing the action.

08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still call. The pot is huge, you have an overpair and are closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call knowing I'm losing and LP shows backdoor flush(with pair 6's) to complete a rather miserable 40BB losing session. I've just gotta remember those very few times you call 'knowing' you've lost and the guy shows ace high.

VoraciousReader
08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Jack just made his 2 pair right? We're toast

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down.

1. He may have only picked up a flush draw.

2. If he did make 2 pair, you have many outs: Let's say he has QJ: you will beat him with 2 Ks, 3 6s, and at least 2 5s (slight discount on the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I'm less worried about that because the draw didn't appear until the turn.)