PDA

View Full Version : NL 200 Line check

BirdieLongSocks
08-18-2005, 06:41 AM
LAG Villian opens for 12 in CO I call with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button, blinds fold.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Pot 25
Villian leads for 20 I call.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif pot 65
Villian check calls 40

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Check check

Give it to me on any or all streets

kongo_totte
08-18-2005, 06:44 AM
I like on all streets. You plan to fold the turn if he bets again, right?

FIM had a good post a couple of months ago about this tactic.

JeanieJ
08-18-2005, 06:46 AM
I think a raise on the flop is in order. You hit a good flop with your eights and just calling gives you no information about your opponents hand at all. I would raise. Then bet the turn when he checks to you. I think the only thing I would've done would be to check the river.

My guess overcards w/flush draw.

ScottTheFish
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a raise on the flop is in order. You hit a good flop with your eights and just calling gives you no information about your opponents hand at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to bloat the pot with such a marginal hand against a LAG. I like a passive line here vs. an aggressive player.

I think the OP's line is perfect. Once he checks the turn, you know you're ahead, charge him to draw to his overs and/or flush. On the river he's not calling with a worse hand so check behind. Position rules.

GrunchCan
08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link please? or something i can search for?

kongo_totte
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link please? or something i can search for?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=296 7137&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

It's the part about delayed bluff. Ok, it wasn't just as in OP but I think the tactic is equally applicable here, even though it is often not a bluff per se.