PDA

View Full Version : Stats prove I suck.

08-18-2005, 05:54 AM
I know stats never tell the whole picture, so I have to continue posting hands, reading, etc, but my inability to win is frustrating.

I couldn't figure out how to get an image copied here, so I'm doing this old school. I think I've done my share of poker work compared to the average Party 2/4er. I've read WLLH, TOP twice, HPFAP, SSH twice, Inside the Poker Mind, Ace on the River, now reading MLH. I've been trying to learn as much as possible, but I can't even beat the 2/4 game for anything respectable. Do any of my stats stand out?

Total hands: 20,093
VPIP: 16.09
VPIP(SB): 35.28

Fold SB to Steal: 81.31
Fold BB to Steal: 46.98
Fold BB to Steal HU: 37.67

Att. to Steal Blinds: 30.58

Won $ When Saw Flop: 35.34

Raise PF: 9.29

BB/100: 0.92 <-- THIS SUCKS

Went to Showdown: 31.80
Won $ at SD: 54.01

AF:
PF: 1.14
flop: 3.18
turn: 3.05
river: 2.36
total: 2.00

fold to river bet: 46.92

When Folds Hand:
No Fold: 11.63
PF: 78.23
flop: 6.17
turn: 2.57
river: 1.40

c/r: 2.33%
flop: 60.00
turn: 30.38
river: 9.62

thesharpie
08-18-2005, 06:02 AM
I think you're too loose from the blinds and too tight in other positions. You seem to defend too much in a game where open raises are likely to be legitimate hands rather than steals. Might also be a little over aggressive, but it could just be your style. I have similar aggression numbers and I worry I'm a little too aggressive at times.

Edit: And .92BB might not seem like much but at least you are winning. I don't know whether you've played online lower limits before 2/4, from your location it looks like you went from B&M 2/4 to online 2/4? If so you have a very nice winrate considering there's a noticable difference in the skill of the average player, although most online 2/4ers still are pretty bad.

08-18-2005, 06:16 AM
My guess is that I really suck postflop. Misapplied aggression, folding winners or something. Making pot-losing mistakes.

oreogod
08-18-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that I really suck postflop. Misapplied aggression, folding winners or something. Making pot-losing mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you just saved me a ton of time w/ your self analysis.

08-18-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you just saved me a ton of time w/ your self analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Your reply helps confirm of my thoughts, so thx. I guess I can take a little solace in knowing why I suck. Hopefully I can start spotting some leaks.

oreogod
08-18-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully I can start spotting some leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck w/ that. Glad I could help.

Webster
08-18-2005, 07:17 AM
There is a real good article here about Aggression factor (http://overcards.com).

Also - it would be nice to see VPIP in each position. Many people ignore it and take VPIP as a whole but forget that position is SO important. I'm a 18% VPIP guy but am 24% on the button less they 10% UTG.

Also - look at cold calling - I doubt this is a problem but . . . .

35% VPIP in the SB is not THAT bad at all. I'm thinking it post flop aggression that is messing you up a little. It does not take much.

Also - remember 0.92BB/100 probebly puts you in the top 90% of all Poker players and you are not THAT far from 2BB/100. One teeny tiny leak, is all it takes.

The ONLY real thing that stands out is Folding to a River bet maybe a little high and I bet Aggression at the wrong times post flop.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

golfboy7
08-18-2005, 07:30 AM
hey man,

your stats are somewhat like mine. Take a look near the bottom of the page at my thread entitled "Poker Tracker stats."

I got some nice answers, maybe they will help.

peterchi
08-18-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I've done my share of poker work compared to the average Party 2/4er. I've read WLLH, TOP twice, HPFAP, SSH twice, Inside the Poker Mind, Ace on the River, now reading MLH.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought this said "compared to the average 2+2er."

If that were the case, I was gonna disagree. If you want to get to that point, then unread MLH and WLLH, re-read SSH about 8 more times, and TOP about 3 more times.

Seriously, it'll help. Good luck.