PDA

View Full Version : Poker, Baseball and a bunch of old guys

JimRivett
03-31-2003, 07:06 PM
Baseball started yesterday, isn't it great, the birds weren't lying last week as they cherrped the arrival of spring. I like baseball, I like it a lot. I saw the Angels yesterday while I played at Hawaiian Gardens. I'm a Dodger fan but if I had to be a fan of an American league club it would be the Angels, because they are local and because Mile Scioscia is the manager. You see Mike used to be a Dodger, and about 15 years ago when my son was 7 and I had hair, we attended a Dodger game, back then he and I went to quite a few games, on this particular day Mike was signing autographs for the fans. We, the fans, were in the stands behind the dugout and Mike was standing at the end of the dugout. My son tossed Mile a ball and a pen, Mike signed the ball and tossed it back to him followed by the pen, my son caught the ball but the pen slid back into the dugout, Scioscia was kind enough to go into the dugout and retrieve the pen and toss it back to my son. We, my son and I, both thought this was a classy thing and at that point my son decided to become a catcher, a position he played through little league and high school.

Well like I said I saw opening day on the television yesterday, I was seated in seat 7 in a 6/12 game right in front of a television. The table consisted of more than a few old guys, all friendly and wanting to have some fun. I'm sure glad that the dealers kept me on a steady diet of 7 2 and 10 4 because I was paying much more attention to the baseball game than the poker game. I was even updating the players at the other end of the table on the status of the game. Let me tell you these boys were gambling and I was a little concerned when I was finally dealt a playable hand - K K. I raised under the gun, and the entire table called. Of course the gentleman to my left took down that pot, J 3 offsuit, I believed he played, but it didn't matter I was watching baseball. The floorman almost started a minor war when he asked if we mind if the channel be changed to the Laker game, he was told in no uncertain terms that Angel game was to remain on this particular TV.

The Angels went on to lose the game and I went on to concentrate on the Poker game. I enjoyed myself and even showed a slight profit. I'm glad Baseball has started, I'm looking forward to summer with its long hot days, I'm looking forward to spending some of those days in an air conditioned environment watching baseball and playing poker.

Jim

andyfox
04-01-2003, 01:17 AM
I wonder if Mike Scioscia would fire David Sklansky. Probably not if he was indispensable.

JimRivett
04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Andy,

For being rude to a fan Mike would probably fine him and maybe bench him for a game or two.

However, he may get fired for playing 9 5 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

How was your vacation?

Regards, Jim

RiverMel
04-01-2003, 05:26 PM

AnyAce
04-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Andy,
You have great posts.

I guess the question is:
If I were to meet to you and say "Are you the Andy who makes all the good posts on 2+2 and knows about lentil soup?" What would you say?

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif AnyAce

andyfox
04-03-2003, 03:19 AM
If I were to meet to you and say "Are you the Andy who makes all the good posts on 2+2 and knows about lentil soup?" What would you say?

-I'd say, "Thank you, yes I am, and all the bad posts too."

Thank you for the compliment.