PDA

View Full Version : Introducing SNGML BETA (XML SNG HISTORIES).. Seeking Nerds for Testing

08-18-2005, 02:14 AM
DISCLAIMER: If you do not know what XML is, or its purposes, please exit this post now, becasue I do not want a bunch of confused posters have to worry about this, and post rude replys.

I am new to this forum, but I have lurked around for the last few months and only started making posts a few days ago. For the last few days I have been working on a PHP based SNG parser that transforms Party SNG hand histories (for now. eventually parsers will be created for UB, Paradise, Stars, etc) into an XML based document, which I shall call... SNGML.

So your sitting back thinking, why the heck would you do that?

I've got plans. Big plans. And when I am done you will all see. But for now I need some help, especially you $50 and higher gamers that have the bigger stacks.

Again, anyone who is not farmilliar with programming in general or the concepts behind XML, please do not click on the beta link, you will not find anything useful there.

BETA TEST THIS SNGML STUFF NOW! CLICK HERE! (http://www.christickner.com/SNGHISTORY/)

RicP
08-18-2005, 02:21 AM
You had me at "nerds"

08-18-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You had me at "nerds"

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the type of post I wasn't looking for, but hey, its going to happen. Hopefully only once. Varience sucks :P

RicP
08-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Hmm.

Not too sure what you mean.... you don't want help from XML nerds?

08-18-2005, 02:34 AM
my girl friend said something about XML... she said that J Crew was starting to make shirts that were sized extra medium large. Its supposed to be huge in Japan, but im not really sure what you are looking for...

08-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Wait. Are you saying you want to help?

By all means, test it out and post and bugs you find here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

RicP
08-18-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my girl friend said something about XML... she said that J Crew was starting to make shirts that were sized extra medium large. Its supposed to be huge in Japan, but im not really sure what you are looking for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is the type of post you weren't looking for

08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
I was going for the "Oh my God what the hell, you are such an idiot."

holdem2000
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/chric1/public_html/SNGHISTORY/classes/PartyParser.class.php on line 60

GrekeHaus
Looks good holmes...let me know when it does something useful. Also, I don't know what you're planning to do with it, but it might be useful to have a players section for easy access to what place a player ended up finishing.

08-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I will be sure to let the whole forum know when I implement it into a useful website.

Thanks for that suggestion, I will be sure to implement that tomorrow.

See that was the kind of post I was looking for.

08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was going for the "Oh my God what the hell, you are such an idiot."

[/ QUOTE ]

OK please stop posting...

Incase you missed it the first time..

[ QUOTE ]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not know what XML is, or its purposes, please exit this post now, becasue I do not want a bunch of confused posters have to worry about this, and post rude replys.

[/ QUOTE ]

RicP
08-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Only thing I can see ... not getting the buyin or vig?

Interested in your plans for this.

08-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Did you follow the instructions?
Can you PM me the input?
This could be a bug which is the point of this BETA.

Thanks

08-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Can you PM me the input?

Thanks for the help

Kama45
08-18-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played, sir. Well played.

proell
08-18-2005, 03:22 AM
Not sure what your plans are for this, but I would think it would be useful to have the cards elements as subnodes of "seat".

Also since you are going to all this trouble I think you might as well add a results node to each hand (who won, how much, and even with what)...

I could go on, but this is your project...

looks good so far.

08-18-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what your plans are for this, but I would think it would be useful to have the cards elements as subnodes of "seat".

Also since you are going to all this trouble I think you might as well add a results node to each hand (who won, how much, and even with what)...

I could go on, but this is your project...

looks good so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot for the suggestions. This is currently in BETA and has alot fo work yet to be done.

I will create new Street called SHOWDOWN (you can see the usefulness to this, as pointed out in your post)

Currently I am working out the bug with the buyin and vig. Also I will need a new format for the actions... Check, Fold, Raise, Bet, Allin... I will need a better format for these things if I plan on making this SNGML work universally.

08-18-2005, 03:45 AM
Do any of you have any suggestion on how I should implement the <actions> element?

Should I do something like..

<actions>
<check>Player1</check>
<bet amount="450">Player2</bet>
<fold>Player1</fold>
</actions>

Or should I do something like this?

<actions>
<action>CHECK player1</action>
<action>BET 450 player2</action>
<action>FOLD player1</action>
</actions>

I know it all depends on what I am going to use this for. Let's just say I want to make it as generic as possbile. I am open to suggestions on this matter, but please don't stop beta testing, I already found alot of bugs because of you people, thanks!!

Thanks again!

kreutz000
08-18-2005, 03:52 AM
I pasted this:
#Game No : 2549346539
***** Hand History for Game 2549346539 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:14913435 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Wednesday, August 17, 02:54:06 EDT 2005
Table Table 13881 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 10: FelipeAlou ( $800 )
Seat 6: kreutz000 ( $800 )
Seat 7: STRO2 ( $800 )
Seat 4: BigStanky ( $800 )
Seat 3: Worldmusic ( $800 )
Seat 5: ReadMyFace ( $800 )
Seat 2: PP_badBeat ( $800 )
Seat 8: dbones78 ( $800 )
Seat 9: jkluv35 ( $800 )
Seat 1: Poca65 ( $800 )
Trny:14913435 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to kreutz000 [ 5c 4c ]
ReadMyFace calls [15].
kreutz000 folds.
STRO2 calls [15].
dbones78 folds.
jkluv35 folds.
FelipeAlou folds.
Poca65 calls [15].
PP_badBeat folds.
Worldmusic calls [5].
BigStanky checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jh, 2h, Td ]
Worldmusic checks.
BigStanky checks.
ReadMyFace checks.
STRO2 checks.
Poca65 bets [50].
Worldmusic calls [50].
BigStanky folds.
ReadMyFace folds.
STRO2 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
>You have options at Table 13880 Table!.
Worldmusic checks.
Poca65 checks.
** Dealing River ** [ 5d ]
>You have options at Table 13880 Table!.
Worldmusic bets [75].
Poca65 calls [75].
Worldmusic shows [ Js, 9s ] two pairs, jacks and twos.
Poca65 doesn't show [ 5h, Kh ] two pairs, fives and twos.
Worldmusic wins 325 chips from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and twos.

and it seems like it's not parsing the cards correctly:
<card>jh</card>
<card>2h</card>
<card>jh</card>

08-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Thanks for pointing that out.

Bug Fixed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks.

swiftrhett
08-18-2005, 04:24 AM
I just get:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/chric1/public_html/SNGHISTORY/classes/PartyParser.class.php on line 60

08-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Could you possibly PM me the input?

Thanks

sahala
08-18-2005, 04:48 AM
This is badass. I don't see a DTD declaration for this. Are you planning on publishing one?

I know it might be a pain in the butt, but are you planning on having this work for incomplete hand histories as well? I'm not trying to load you with feature requests already. I totally dig this.

08-18-2005, 04:55 AM
I am sure I can write up a DTD once I am done working out the structure.

Yes, eventualy I want it to support basically any SNG input there is. UB, Party's, Paradise, Bodog, PokerSiteHere, etc. One hand, 5 hands, just bubble hands, complete HHs, etc.

For now I need to get the party parser bug free so I can move on, and I need to get a workable structure, which I think we are getting.

Any more input would be appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

08-18-2005, 05:19 AM
We have moved up to BETA v0.1

Updates

- Buyin/Vig should work now
- All finishes are included
- Flop cards are now parsed propely

Thanks for your help so far.
I would like to test with a HH from the $55 level or higher to test finishes and also chip counts.

Also, if anyone has an e-mail summery of a SNG, that would also prove to be helpful for testing.

Thanks!

08-18-2005, 06:42 AM
I believe this error has been resolved, but could you PM me the input?

Thanks

Insty
08-18-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you have any suggestion on how I should implement the <actions> element?

Should I do something like..

<actions>
<check>Player1</check>
<bet amount="450">Player2</bet>
<fold>Player1</fold>
</actions>

[/ QUOTE ]
Not this.
[ QUOTE ]

Or should I do something like this?

<actions>
<action>CHECK player1</action>
<action>BET 450 player2</action>
<action>FOLD player1</action>
</actions>

[/ QUOTE ]
This is better.

Still has too much redundant information I think.
You only really need the number of chips someone put in.
And the order in which the events happened.
How about:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
&lt;actions&gt;
&lt;action order=1&gt;
&lt;seat&gt;1&lt;/seat&gt;
&lt;amount&gt;0&lt;/amount&gt;
////
// And if you NEED to be verbose.
&lt;name&gt;player1&lt;/name&gt;
&lt;pokerterm&gt;check&lt;/pokerterm&gt;
// But you should be able to get these from other data you already know.
/////
&lt;/action&gt;
&lt;action order=2&gt;
&lt;seat&gt;2&lt;/seat&gt;
&lt;amount&gt;450&lt;/amount&gt;
&lt;/action&gt;
&lt;action order=3&gt;
&lt;seat&gt;1&lt;/seat&gt;
&lt;amount&gt;0&lt;/amount&gt;
&lt;/action&gt;
&lt;/actions&gt;
</pre><hr />
The seat number is redundant too if you know who was dealt into this hand.

I also agree with whoever it was who said you should track starting hands by seat.
This allows the format to work if you know more than one starting hand.

Inst.

lacky
08-18-2005, 07:21 AM
so, without anoying or wasting bluetooth's time with my ignorance, somebody else what to fill us in on what this is, what it does, and why anyone would want to do it. I spose if you guys want to keep this a nice little "geek/nerd" moment for yourselves, thats fine too, I'm just curioes.

Steve

08-18-2005, 07:41 AM
All poker sites have different hand histories.

I am currently working on a website that I am sure this forum will enjoy. I Actually started working on it before I came to this forum but I think it is something this forum will love/need. This webiste will involve hand histories of SNGs.

Since all websites have different hand history formats, and since I want my website to eventually work with all of them. I need a format that is constant to work with.

Once I create all the "parsers" (a fancy word that means translators), that "parse" the SNG HH's into a constant format (SNGML, which by the way you won't need to know anything about), my website will be able to handle any hand history you can find (well, thats the goal).

Anyway, this beta is just testing the XML and the party poker parser. I will let you know when the real (much much more useful) website is ready.

Cheers

lacky
08-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks, definately interesting.

Steve

sahala
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Lacky, BlueTooth alludes to this but basically it makes hand histories more easily understandable by software, yet still readable by humans. I've already started working on some stuff that can read BlueTooth's hand history XML and it's a ton easier than the PP format. Plus, something like a hand history formatter would be almost trivial to write and customize. I guess XML's good for lazy programmers like me.

BlueTooth you gotta get partial hand histories working...not everyone sticks around if they bust out 5th. Plus, being able to read partial hand histories lets you create a XML document for a live tournament.