PDA

View Full Version : Vegas or AC?????????

Trefo
03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
I have been playing hold em in AC for over a year (5-10) and just last week went to Vegas for my 2nd time, 1st time ever playing hold em in Vegas. After 20 hrs spread over 3 days on a 6-12 table at the Mirage, i won 800...not a bad take. The play though seemed much more easier out in the desert then in AC. The game seemed more weak passive and this wasn't one game, but for the whole weekend. Lot more tourists i guess, but i heard the Mirage had plenty of players and i figured to be up against some regulars. To me the players at the Taj are much better and tougher to play against. What do you guys think??

afish
04-01-2003, 12:16 AM
I am an AC regular. I find the Vegas games to be generally tougher and more aggressive than the AC games at the 10-20 and 15-30 levels. LV has more tourists, however, so game conditions could vary more.

Dynasty
04-01-2003, 03:19 PM
It seems you were in Vegas during the NCAA tournament weekend. That's always a great time for poker.

TimTimSalabim
04-01-2003, 03:33 PM
As Dynasty pointed out, you came to Vegas during the NCAA tourney, which will give you a very distorted picture. Same is true during Super Bowl week, fight nights, etc. Try coming here during a "normal" week (if there is such a thing in Vegas) and you'll find it much tougher.

Trefo
04-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah i did go during tourney week for my friend's bachelor party.......That is probably a good idea and is why people were more in the mood to gamble than play good cards.
I might have to take advantage of March Madness and the Super Bowl more often cause i know my sports betting is poor at best.

AmericanAirlines
04-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Hi Dynasty,
Just out of curiousity, why are tournament times better for ring games?

I'd have expected good players to be in town at such times.

Sincerely,
AA

Howard Burroughs
04-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm not Dynasty but here's my two cents.

1) Lots of people come to town for tournaments. Most of these players play poorly.

2) Even the people who come to town for the tournie who ARE good, are good at tournament poker and not live poker (in most cases).

3) Many people play higher (in side games) then other parts of the year during a big tournament.

Here's a conversation I heard at my Mirage Omaha table, last year on the second to last day of the WSOP championship final.

A tourist says, "The way I see it, anyone who is any good at poker is still down at Binion's alive in the big one. That leaves all the bad players at Bellagio and Mirage."

He was not joking. He thought that when they get down to say, 46 players, that means they are down to the best 46 poker players in the world.

Go figure :-)

Best of Luck

Howard

TimTimSalabim
04-04-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm not Dynasty either, but:

He was referring to NCAA tournaments, not poker tournaments. You get a lot of sports fans who love to play poker, and play it badly.

Dynasty
04-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Both Howard and TimTim are right.

Howard Burroughs
04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks Tim-Tim and Dynasty. Sorry about that AA. I shot myself in the foot by not readig the whole thread. My bad.

Thanks for being cool guys.

Best of Luck

Howard

David
04-07-2003, 12:46 PM
How will Easter weekend be? I am coming out the Wednesday before and staying through Easter. I will play live at Bellagio, Live and tourney at Mirage, and possibly a tourney or two at Orleans.

04-07-2003, 12:51 PM
I hope I don't shoot myself on the foot with this statement but I'll say it anyway. The closest I've seen the AC games to be weaker are when there's a show at Taj especially if it's a Russian entertainer. No, no, no, this is not profiling but from my experience. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif