PDA

View Full Version : Using your face as your avatar.

KaneKungFu123
08-17-2005, 11:55 PM
i dont want to have to look at your ugly mugs.

especially kiplin's avatar. it almost brought me to vommiting.

TStoneMBD
08-17-2005, 11:57 PM
question man, how is thai food in thailand? like is it the best stuff youve ever eaten? is it alot better than the thai food you get in america? im starting to think im missing on the thai life.

also i dont think kipin's avatar is actually him. with his location i think its a joke.

Los Feliz Slim
08-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Speaking of avatars, I just watched yours three times. It's awesome.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 12:29 AM
if you want solid internet you are limited to bangkok. some people say the northern capital also has good internet. i dont know.

food is my favorite. enough said. cant compare it to food in the states, but im sure its better. selection in bangkok is amazing.

if you are interpersonal youll love thailand. if you are the type thats very social you might be lost a bit. most westerners here fall into a few categories:

backpackers: they dont bath or have any money. arent much fun to be around, and are just passing though. (this doesnt go for anyone traveling with a backpack, just people some of them)

middle aged sex tourist/alcoholics: they are falling from the sky practically.

20-30 male: alot are teaching english. they are mostly interpersonal. most have really hot girl friends they couldnt pull in the states.

your contact with thais will be limited even if you learn the language. youll have a hot live-in girl friend in a week, thatll be alot of fun, though.

if you have some hobbies, you wont go insane. everything is dirt cheap: $2.5 for cinema. $6 for dinner at japan chain resteraunt in mall. $2 for beer in go-go bar with 30 naked girls dancing.

but i havent gone to a go go bar in 5 monthes. it will get old, believe it or not.

one great thing is planes are real cheap to all parts of thailand. $25 to the beach or montains. cheap to singapore also.

if you can go with the flow, and arent a control freak, youll have a good time here.

i dread returning to the states. there is nothing there for me at all.

ask anything else you want.

it also never gets cold here.

daryn
08-18-2005, 12:34 AM
wow.. i've never wanted to go there more

08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was close to his intention.

It's not him, he found it when he googled himself in that talktobigsteve self-googling thread

edit: Why did I even respond, do you think anyone will take your feelings into account for there next avatar selection?

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 12:50 AM
when are you coming back to the states?

im antisocial. at best im interpersonal. people suck. i kind of just want to be the king and thailand sounds like its in dire need of a leader. i think i could put up with the hot women though, since i wont be able to understand wtf theyre talking about. maybe id hire a translator to tell the bitches what position i want them to bend into.

are all your buddies out there pro poker players as well?

RunDownHouse
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
I've been told mine bears a resemblance to Richard Roundtree.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 01:05 AM
im gonna come back in dec for a few weeks to see my parents.

then ill head back. in feb, when im 20, ill marry my gf and get a long term visa, and not have to leave every three months.

im saving money and chilling right now.

99% against going to college. my senior year of hs i paid my freshman brother to do all my homework.

any friendships i made here were with people on vacation.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 01:24 AM
couple questions kane if you dont mind:

-are you thai?
-if not, where are you from originally?
-where in the states is your familly living or from?
-is your girlfriend hot?
-do you ever play live poker there, and how popular/existant is it there?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
couple questions kane if you dont mind:

-are you thai?
-if not, where are you from originally?
-where in the states is your familly living or from?
-is your girlfriend hot?
-do you ever play live poker there, and how popular/existant is it there?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not thai.

im from florida.

my family is in florida.

my gf is hot.

poker is illegal here.

but of course, it goes on like crazy. "Ren Pai". i dont tell people that i play poker. i doubt anything would ever come out of it. i play in my apartment and occasionally in an internet cafe. you cant make transactions from thailand. i have to email my mom and she does it for me.

zoomOut
08-18-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

then ill head back. in feb, when im 20, ill marry my gf and get a long term visa, and not have to leave every three months....

[/ QUOTE ]

1) do you get lonely over there without your American friends and family?

2) do you feel like a stranger in a strange land?

3) would you be comfortable raising your kids over there instead of in the states?

I have a friend who has spent a lot of time in Thailand and Korea. He seems to keep going back and forth as if he can't decide where to settle down. He's restless.

whiskeytown
08-18-2005, 01:37 AM
there's a word....what am I thinking of....oh yah...

too [censored] bad

RB

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

then ill head back. in feb, when im 20, ill marry my gf and get a long term visa, and not have to leave every three months....

[/ QUOTE ]

1) do you get lonely over there without your American friends and family?

2) do you feel like a stranger in a strange land?

3) would you be comfortable raising your kids over there instead of in the states?

I have a friend who has spent a lot of time in Thailand and Korea. He seems to keep going back and forth as if he can't decide where to settle down. He's restless.

[/ QUOTE ]

at first i felt like a strange. duh. but after awhile its home. i give people, even thais, directions, etc.

i joke with taxi drivers. everything is relaxed.

i love thai culture. i love thai society. i love not having to drive past a church every 5 minutes.
im not lonely, but was at first. i live with my gf. we are very close. if you think youd be lonely, then you will. 100%.
i wouldnt want to raise my kids here.

Clarkmeister
08-18-2005, 01:43 AM
When you are as handsome as I, it's necessary to let the world see it.

andyfox
08-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Me too.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 01:49 AM
so what prompted you to move out there in the first place?
how decent is your language skills?
is the girlfriend thai?

turnipmonster
08-18-2005, 01:52 AM
how long did it take you to learn/be comfortable the language?

thatpfunk
08-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Have you lived anywhere else? Ever thought of Europe? Are you taking advantage of your time over there (traveling as much as possible, not pokering 24/7)? Is the gf thai?

I'm actually considering doing the teach english abroad thing, so any info is cool.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so what prompted you to move out there in the first place?
how decent is your language skills?
is the girlfriend thai?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i first came out here i was really into the ideas of traveling and living a more wild, natural life. hitch hiking, living cheaply, experiencing, [censored], etc.

i could play poker and save money.

i was really into fight club ideology and on the road by kerouac and rebeling, etc.

i wanted to live in a wild poor land, and be rid of NIKE and all of that.

then after awhile i chilled out. poker got real profitable.

my language is OK.

gf is thai, speaks perfect english. uni student.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you lived anywhere else? Ever thought of Europe? Are you taking advantage of your time over there (traveling as much as possible, not pokering 24/7)? Is the gf thai?

I'm actually considering doing the teach english abroad thing, so any info is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to do it for the experience, awesome. but the money sucks. youd be better off playing poker. its really easy in thailand. i could get a job in a day. but the working conditions pretty much blow, and crappy pay.

i will see europe in the future for sure.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how long did it take you to learn/be comfortable the language?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not all that comfortable now, but about 3 monthes i got the hang of it.

its tonal. its hard.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 02:02 AM
nice, glad things have worked out well.

im a fan of kerouc as well. though i seem acclimated more towards laying out in a pool all day as opposed to living in a wild land.

is sagat your favorite street fighter?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nice, glad things have worked out well.

im a fan of kerouc as well. though i seem acclimated more towards laying out in a pool all day as opposed to living in a wild land.

is sagat your favorite street fighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

ill take the warm bed over the wet grass myself.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:06 AM
i should mention in the rainy months it will rain every single day. can be a bit annoaying.

lighterjobs
08-18-2005, 02:07 AM
so, did you just get tired of american culture and want to try something new? did you meet your girlfriend there or did you bring her with you?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so, did you just get tired of american culture and want to try something new? did you meet your girlfriend there or did you bring her with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much.

felt like i could gain more by experiencing life then i could in a classroom. i was bored with life. everyone seemed to be thinking the samethings, saying the samethings. thought itd be cool to turn my back on all of it and turn myself over to the moon or whatever romantic/cliche phrase you want to use.

i never did too good in school. had a hard time with homework. just not my thing.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 02:21 AM
http://www.newchico076.supereva.it/IMMAGINI/PREFERITI/STREET%20FIGHTER%202/STAGE/sagat.gif

beautiful country

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 02:23 AM
withdrawing all your money through a neteller debit card doesnt work? when your mother withdraws the money from your neteller account, what bank account does she send it to? yours or hers? wont the irs want their hands on it? how does she send it to you? its not like she can just mail you a packet with 10k in it.

how have you been handling travelling back and forth between countries? isnt a round trip to america quite a pretty penny? when you have to go to america during your 3month period how long do you need to leave thailand for? the irs has some sort of law that says you need to be out of the country for a certain amount of days out of the year to be qualified for the foreign tax deduction, are you going over that time frame? what if you decide that you want to come back to america and need to bring your stash of money with you, how are you going to bring it back? is the money considered legal? can you really cross borders with 100k in your pocket and the irs wont touch it?

are you sure that you wont have to pay taxes on the money? did you speak with an accountant on this or are just hoping it works out? alot of people are curious to know how poker and living abroad works. i for one would have no problem living outside of the country making a living off of poker, but ive come to realize how hard it is to become a citizen in many of these countries. i am also not sure it will allow me to avoid taxes. ive heard that you need to become a citizen first in order to receive the tax deduction. on top of that, i hear that if the irs decides that you left the country simply to avoid paying taxes they can revoke your us citizenship and you wont be allowed back into the country. i also dont know how to do the money transfer thing that youre doing and im not even sure if its legal/safe.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:23 AM
that pic aint working.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 02:26 AM
ah, it was just a lame joke posting of a picture of a screenshot from street fighter 2.

ken vs sagat with the thailand background.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
withdrawing all your money through a neteller debit card doesnt work? when your mother withdraws the money from your neteller account, what bank account does she send it to? yours or hers? wont the irs want their hands on it? how does she send it to you? its not like she can just mail you a packet with 10k in it.

how have you been handling travelling back and forth between countries? isnt a round trip to america quite a pretty penny? when you have to go to america during your 3month period how long do you need to leave thailand for? the irs has some sort of law that says you need to be out of the country for a certain amount of days out of the year to be qualified for the foreign tax deduction, are you going over that time frame?

are you sure that you wont have to pay taxes on the money? did you speak with an accountant on this or are just hoping it works out? alot of people are curious to know how poker and living abroad works. i for one would have no problem living outside of the country making a living off of poker, but ive come to realize how hard it is to become a citizen in many of these countries. i am also not sure it will allow me to avoid taxes. ive heard that you need to become a citizen first in order to receive the tax deduction. on top of that, i hear that if the irs decides that you left the country simply to avoid paying taxes they can revoke your us citizenship and you wont be allowed back into the country. i also dont know how to do the money transfer thing that youre doing and im not even sure if its legal/safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know about neteller debit. the money goes from my neteller account to my bank account. i use my bank atm here.

i will pay taxes. that deduction is only for earned income. poker isnt earned. if i said that im a pro, tehy prob wont buy it- cuase im not playing in thailand. im palying on the internet. i dont need to be in thailand to play.

i dont go to usa every 3 monthes. i jsut go to a country nearby like laos or singapore.

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 02:29 AM
feel free to not answer this question, or answer in pm:

you say that you have 150k to invest, if you are going to have to pay taxes on the money, that 150k is going to get chopped up really nicely. is the 150k after-tax money meaning that youve earned a tremendous 300k playing internet poker?

Eurotrash
08-18-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.newchico076.supereva.it/IMMAGINI/PREFERITI/STREET%20FIGHTER%202/STAGE/sagat.gif

beautiful country

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger! Tiger... uppercut!

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
feel free to not answer this question, or answer in pm:

you say that you have 150k to invest, if you are going to have to pay taxes on the money, that 150k is going to get chopped up really nicely. is the 150k after-tax money meaning that youve earned a tremendous 300k playing internet poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i said 100K.

i have actually been taking out my money(from neteller) little by little. im not going to take it all out in a year, because of the raising tax rates the higher you get.

i aiming to take out about 120K/year. like 30 for taxes or something, right?

i currently have about 30 in an online broker.

DarkForceRising
It is bad enough that innocent people are subjected to my weak posts. Punishing them with the envy they would endure by having to view my handsome, rugged countenance would be especially cruel.

Hence- hot, busty sluts in my avatar.

KaneKungFu123
[ QUOTE ]
ah, it was just a lame joke posting of a picture of a screenshot from street fighter 2.

ken vs sagat with the thailand background.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see it now.

Muay Thai Fighting.

Nasty Stuff.

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 02:35 AM
if youre going to make 120k this year youre going to pay a hell of alot more money on taxes than 30k. itll be more like 60k if you file the same way as i file.

Voltron87
08-18-2005, 02:35 AM
i have a question

do you actually know kung fu?

are you learning it from someone in thailand?

do they use nunchuks there? throwing stars?

tell me a story uncle kane

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is bad enough that innocent people are subjected to my weak posts. Punishing them with the envy they would endure by having to view my handsome, rugged countenance would be especially cruel.

Hence- hot, busty sluts in my avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

a pair or tits or whiskyman's face? i choose not the latter.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if youre going to make 120k this year youre going to pay a hell of alot more money on taxes than 30k. itll be more like 60k if you file the same way as i file.

[/ QUOTE ]

latter i will look at irs.gov

i dont think its 50% for 120k. how are you filing? im not filing as a pro.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
on an on-topic note:

do you have anything against me using my face as my avatar? i thought most people would like it.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
on an on-topic not.

do you have anything against me using my face as my avatar? i thought most people would like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

your avatar is awesome.

chuddo
08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
thanks. i just happen to really really look like adriana lima when i put on a wig and makeup.

snakehead
08-18-2005, 02:45 AM
you had better hair in the wedding singer.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:45 AM
i want to learn. its on my list.

same jackson says in pulp fiction: walk the earth, you know, like kane in kung fu. maybe its cain or cane. i dont know.

[ QUOTE ]
i have a question

do you actually know kung fu?

are you learning it from someone in thailand?

do they use nunchuks there? throwing stars?

tell me a story uncle kane

[/ QUOTE ]

jokerthief
08-18-2005, 02:47 AM
How do you go about finding an apartment in Thailand? How much to they run? Where is a good location in Bangkok?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you go about finding an apartment in Thailand? How much to they run? Where is a good location in Bangkok?

[/ QUOTE ]

studio near the sky train runs me 200/mo with internet.

you find an apartment the same way you do in NY. you walk around and ask if they have vacancy. if you have a thai assist you its easier.

bangkok is a big city. there are alot of good places. youd have to come and find an area you like. they are all pretty similar.

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 03:01 AM
i thought you were living in a semicastle that was a little over 1k a month and you were splitting it with 3 other guys. was that someone else?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought you were living in a semicastle that was a little over 1k a month and you were splitting it with 3 other guys. was that someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me.

jokerthief
08-18-2005, 03:03 AM
What kind of ammenities do you have? AC, dishwasher, garbage disposal?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of ammenities do you have? AC, dishwasher, garbage disposal?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a bathroom with toliet and shower. hot water (many dont have hot water) and i have a sink.

there is no kitcheen. i have a balcony where ill wash my dishes from a spicket(sp)/facet you know...

i cook, well my gf cooks for me, using a "hot pot" and rice cooker.

it might sound rough, but its OK.

i have fridge/tv that i bought.

i have AC but dont really use it much. im a fan guy.

Kanchi
08-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Did you just pack your [censored] and leave?

Cause I think about it everyday, there's nothing for me here.

I wanted to see Thailand this summer but couldn't fit it in due to time, next year though.

If you ever get a chance go to Saigon, it's wonderful.

Lawrence Ng
08-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Finally this kumquat posts something useful.

Lawrence

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 03:20 AM
i dont understand. if you have all this money and apartments are so cheap out there why dont you get a really nice play for a couple extra hundred a month? are you really that goal oriented that saving up all your money for the future is worth living there? you say its easy to mac chicks there, but if youre riding a bike and live in an apartment without a kitchen sink it seems difficult. of course you found your girlfriend there. i dont mean to sound condescending, i certainly envy your situation im just a little perplexed. is it that you have a really great personality or are thai people really attracted to americans?

what do you do in your spare time? do you go to the beaches alot?

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you just pack your [censored] and leave?

Cause I think about it everyday, there's nothing for me here.

I wanted to see Thailand this summer but couldn't fit it in due to time, next year though.

If you ever get a chance go to Saigon, it's wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. my backpack weighed about 15 lbs.

kipin
08-18-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

especially kipin's avatar. it almost brought me to vommiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I'm not sure which one you are commenting on, but none of my avatars have ever been me, or about me.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/279/untitled10ko.jpg

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 03:32 AM
i dont know. i guess im just a simple person. this apartment gets the job done for me. i dont really care about having a kitcheen. its not about saving money.

im not really sure what you are asking me about girls.

bangkok is known as the sex capital of the world. near the tourist areas are severl gogo bars and brothels.

thai women are considered most beautiful in world by many.

i am faithful to my gf, though.

tdarko
08-18-2005, 03:34 AM
this thread has earned 4 stars, i deducted a star for the original intent of the post.

jokerthief
08-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Your avatar would be unexceptional if it wasn't for your location quote. With the quote, though, it's funny as hell.

KJS
08-18-2005, 04:07 AM
I made a lot of good buddies when I lived in Chiang Mai. Have a couple in BKK nowadays, both journalists. There are a lot of bright farang there, in addition to the lowlifes and fat sex tourists. You play soccer? I hadn't played in years when I moved there but met a lot of guys playing on a team up North.

Been to Ko Lipe yet? Lipe, Boulon and Ngai are my favorite islands. You gotta go check them out.

Eat some Som Tham and Gai Yaang for me. Choch Dee Khap!

KJS

imported_anacardo
08-18-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been told mine bears a resemblance to Richard Roundtree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said Richard Roundtree-esque badass, dammit. You can look like a blaxploitation lead without looking anything like John Shaft, specifically.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 04:16 AM
was hoping you'd contribute to this thread.

ive got my khao neo in hand!

ChipWrecked
08-18-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i dont go to usa every 3 monthes. i jsut go to a country nearby like laos or singapore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting back to the taxes and money thing, remember Civil Asset Forfeiture laws in the U.S.

When I was into cardcounting, I remember a thread in a counting forum where a young Irish counter had his bankroll taken at a U.S. airport for basically no reason at all. Over $10G cash if I recall. No charges have to be filed or anything. The govt. just takes the money. You dirty drug smuggler, you. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You might get it back if you sue for it. In the meantime, your BR is gone.

Don't travel with cash in the U.S.

08-18-2005, 06:47 AM
That never made any sense to me how the US Govt can do that. I think in the 1700's , a man would die if he took 10G's from another man. US Govt has gotten too powerful. Time to move to Thailand.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Stone,

i went to irs.gov

pay scale

$150,000 is only $36,506

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ese.pdf

1800GAMBLER
08-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Do you ever go to the horseshoe bar (english music bar) in patpong? If so, i'll be there tomorrow at about 6 - 7 then we are going somewhere else with my friends thai girl, she meantioned the street name but i can't remember. If so, come tomorrow, i'll be in white shorts, some shirt with messy hair.

Mike Peters
08-18-2005, 08:30 AM
I think you've got to add 33% of your actual income to that.

$36,548.50+33%

Which for 150K would be $86,048.5

jason_t
08-18-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you've got to add 33% of your actual income to that.

$36,548.50+33%

Which for 150K would be $86,048.5

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell are you getting this from?

$72k-$150k is $14,600 + 28% of the amount over $72,000.

i dont see anything about 33%, nor did see anything about 33% when i filed last year.

Mike Peters
08-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Okay, I'm slightly slow. Sorry.

36K seems low though. I'll take a second look.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 08:55 AM
are you traveling with brusier? where is he now? nepal?

the chances of me making it out to patpong from ramkenhang road on a friday night are slim to none.

watch your wallet, btw.

and practice MY-OW(like you stubbed your foot)-KRAP

which is no thank you. if you say it the touts wont hassle you so extensively.

1800GAMBLER
08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
naw, this is sperate. we missed bruiser as we, mistakenly, visited pattaya; i think he's doing his kung fu now. we are going back to bangkok for the final few days. have fun.

turnipmonster
08-18-2005, 09:33 AM
what are "sex tourists"?

1800GAMBLER
08-18-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what are "sex tourists"?

[/ QUOTE ]

english people, in bangkok /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeti
08-18-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I come visit, can I sleep with your girlfriend?

Indiana
08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Kane,

Ok, I myself am on the verge of going pro and thought about spending some time in asia. Im really considering the phils over thailand due to the english and the fact that I like cream in my coffee when it comes to the ladies. Can you post a pic of your gf so it could help me make a decision?

Indy

TStoneMBD
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
i cant read that pdf file kane because of some technical problems. however, my guess is that you didnt tac on social security, fica, self-employment tax and all that goodness. also, from my understanding, when you file gambling winnings you need to tally up your winnings as your net income and deduct your losses as expenses. if thats the case you are going to be in a higher tax bracket.

TheWorstPlayer
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Why did you use the same name when you signed up on UB? I figured you would be more creative.

KJS
08-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Dudes who go there only to f*ck the ladies (or boys, or ladyboys).

KJS

KJS
08-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Have you been to Lek Seafood? I can't remember exactly where it is, but it was under the skytrain. And is very near to the big skyscraper with the green lights that features in a lot of TV commercials. Maybe ask your gf if she knows it. Best seafood restaurant I tried in Krungthep.

How is the subway? It was just about to open when I left.

KJS

James Boston
08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Handsome and gay (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1790514&Fo rum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,f20,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Wo rds=&Searchpage=20&Limit=25&Main=1790514&Search=tr ue&where=bodysub&Name=12&daterange=1&newerval=&new ertype=w&olderval=5&oldertype=m&bodyprev=#Post1790 514) apparently.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you use the same name when you signed up on UB? I figured you would be more creative.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i play poorly id probally end up ridiculed on here, which is a good thing.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you been to Lek Seafood? I can't remember exactly where it is, but it was under the skytrain. And is very near to the big skyscraper with the green lights that features in a lot of TV commercials. Maybe ask your gf if she knows it. Best seafood restaurant I tried in Krungthep.

How is the subway? It was just about to open when I left.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure about that seafood place. the only one i remember was seafood palace off of asoke, and that was tourist central. im not in the immediate vicinity of skytrain anymore. i am living out past Ram University, between there and Bangkapi. its alot cheaper out here. no hassles from thai people wanting to rip off farang, yet still enough farang around that you arent the focus of everyone's attention anywhere you go.

i know a few good seafood places, mostly on ramkenhang road.
salmon steak for 120b.

ate a ton of seafood in nakhom phamon. i love it up there. really cheap. stayed at a hotel on the mekong, 8th floor for like 800b. esarn food is my favorite. seafood is very cheap. 5b for Sum tam. free sticky rice. 20b lap moo.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
wtf dude.

there are tons of girls everywhere. go to the place youll enjoy the most! phillipines has english, but has ALOT more crime.

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I come visit, can I sleep with your girlfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant read that pdf file kane because of some technical problems. however, my guess is that you didnt tac on social security, fica, self-employment tax and all that goodness. also, from my understanding, when you file gambling winnings you need to tally up your winnings as your net income and deduct your losses as expenses. if thats the case you are going to be in a higher tax bracket.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not filing as a pro, so i dont pay those taxes you listed.

BillNye
08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up, i do what i want

KJS
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I never went to Isaan. I did eat a lot of the food from there when I lived in Chiang Mai. Good stuff.

KJS

Indiana
08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok Indy's got one of his famous questions. So ur over there popping the hell out of sexy thai girls. Do you ever worry about ur dick falling off?

Respectfully,

Indy

BeerMoney
08-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Kane.. Great thread.

As you know, I will be moving to Thailand within the next year. I will be living there for the next ten years.

My wife will be teaching math at a university as her job. We are able to choose what ever university in the country that we want to go to. Where do you recommend?

When I visited Thailand, I really wasn't crazy about it. Its very dirty, there's lots of traffic, and overall, it doesn't seem safe. I didn't like Bangkok, as it seemed to have all of these bad qualities to the extreme. What is it that you like about Bangkok?

The one thing that you mentioned as a negative is the only positive thing that i see.. I would like to raise kids there. I think kids over there have better values. They respect their elders, their teachers, and each other. What makes you say you would not want to raise kids there?

I agree, Thai women are the best, that's why I married one!

Also, how much can you bench?

Al P
08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm jealous of Thailand.

Read the first headline on this page (http://www.phuket.com/phuket-status.htm)

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 11:50 PM
She should try to a job teaching at an International School, bascialy a private school where the upper class Thais and expats send their kids. The pay will be better.

The best university in Thailand is in Bangkok.

www.chula.ac.th (http://www.chula.ac.th)

Bangkok is dirty and ugly and all those bad things you mentioned. If most people in this thread visited, they'd probally hate it. I dont want to live in Bangkok all of my life. No way in hell. Buts its an experience. If it wasnt for the internet, Id be on one of the islands or in Nong Khai or Nakhom Phanom in the north.

I agree that Thai values are better than western values.

But if my kids were to grow up in Thailand, I feel that they would be at a disadvantage in terms of schooling. Which is funny considering Im not even going to college. If you sent them to an international school, it wouldnt be that bad. But what if you need surgery or go bankrupt and now they have to go to public school? If they go to public school, its gonna be REALLY hard to get into a western university. if they go to school in thailand, well, that NASA application is gonna get shot down faster then average.

Thailand also isnt the safest place for a girl. Trafficing in women.

If they grow up in thailand, they could end up stuck in thailand. if they grow up somewhere else, we can go to thailand on vacataion, have a home in thailand, and they can be thai, but will have opportunity.

thailand doesnt feel safe at first, but after being here awhile it feels safe. my gf would disagree. she gets pissed if i go to 7/11 after 10 pm. she says this isnt the real thailand. that thai values are being eroded, etc.

if you dont want bangkok, and i dont blame you.
try chang mai, in the north. cleaner for sure. cheaper.
KJS lived up there. PM him.

heh. i used to bench 160 about 10 times, like 230 or something, but i probally cant even lift the bar anymore. i havent done anything physical except walk in the last year. lucky thai food is healthy, i havent gotten fat!

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Kane.. Great thread.

As you know, I will be moving to Thailand within the next year. I will be living there for the next ten years.

My wife will be teaching math at a university as her job. We are able to choose what ever university in the country that we want to go to. Where do you recommend?

When I visited Thailand, I really wasn't crazy about it. Its very dirty, there's lots of traffic, and overall, it doesn't seem safe. I didn't like Bangkok, as it seemed to have all of these bad qualities to the extreme. What is it that you like about Bangkok?

The one thing that you mentioned as a negative is the only positive thing that i see.. I would like to raise kids there. I think kids over there have better values. They respect their elders, their teachers, and each other. What makes you say you would not want to raise kids there?

I agree, Thai women are the best, that's why I married one!

Also, how much can you bench?

[/ QUOTE ]

KaneKungFu123
08-18-2005, 11:54 PM
people dont realize how much action the girls in the trade are taking. its some serious mileage. wear a condom. or better yet, dont sleep with them at all.

if you get a job in bangkok, youll be very rich by thai standards. plenty of clean girls will be eyeing you. if you have any game, itll be a slice of cake.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Indy's got one of his famous questions. So ur over there popping the hell out of sexy thai girls. Do you ever worry about ur dick falling off?

Respectfully,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Al P
08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Found a forum (http://ajarnforum.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1) about farang (foreigners) living in Thailand for anyone considering it.

kerssens
08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking of putting my senior picture as my avatar...what do you think?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/kerssens/oldguy.jpg

KaneKungFu123
09-10-2005, 12:55 AM
sorry to bump a large old thread but i just need to point that i was wrong: if you file as a pro, you do recieve the 80k income credit. see the NVG forum.

Great [censored] News in My World!