PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker and SNG's

08-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Hello everyone, been a reader on this form for a bit now and I would like to say Thanks for all the good information. Being my first post, please don't beat me up too bad!! I play the 22s and some 33s for the most part. 400 SNGs and a 10% ROI with 38% ITM with some bad downswings thrown in there.. Not the type of performance I am looking for. Anyway, I use Poker Tracker and have about 18,000 hands in my database. Not the largest sample I am sure, but should give me some insight to my game I would guess. What are some of the more important stats I should keep an eye on for SNG play?? Also I was wondering if any of the expert/pros here would have some time and be interested in looking over some HH's of mine. Looking for some input and outside observation of my game.

mlagoo
08-17-2005, 11:57 PM
the biggest thing i use PT for in SNGs (other than keeping track of opponents VPIP/PFR) is just looking through old hand histories and seeing how I (mis)played hands.

it is also very useful to look through your hands, see which ones have been unprofitable (octaveshift, for instance, recently realized JJ wasn't a profitable hand for him, and set about fixing it), and try to plug that leak. look through all the (xx) hands you've played and figure out how you could have improved.

most of the stats are not that useful for SNGs though.