PDA

View Full Version : FLOPPED THE FLUSH NOW WHAT!!??

PoKeRPooT
08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
10+1 Short hand

3 people left, Blinds= $25-$50

Player A= big stack
B and C =almost equal

Q[d] 10[d] my BB I'm player C

everyone checks to me, I check

FLOP 7[d]-K[d]-J[d]

I check, player B raises $225...player A calls

I, player C push All-In. Player A is the only caller

Q[d] 10[d] vs. A[d] 3[h]

Board:
7[d]-K[d]-J[d]/10[c]...3[d]

This is all to common for me I am always getting sucked out on what am I doing wrong. How do you guys keep from putting holes in your walls?...other then getting stronger walls!!

08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
This happens to me all the time. It's almost like the nut flush draw (the single A) won't ever fold. I almost always stick it all in here and pray that the diamond doesn't fall, which it usually does.

Checking or calling and letting him hit it easier may save you some chips but in the end you can't let people draw. You have to make them pay for it.

mlagoo
08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
obviously you should never push in with anything but the nut flush, because the nut flush draw is probably out there and will hit his 7 outer everytime.

you got all your chips in and got a caller with 7 outs with 2 cards to come. this is good. in other words, this is a bad beat post. and bad beat posts are stupid and pointless. dont make them anymore.

AlcateL
08-17-2005, 11:44 PM
played perfectly.

AlcateL
08-17-2005, 11:45 PM
oh and its 3 handed, you have straight flush draw on a 9 and you can not even begin to assume that anyone has the Ad. omg this post is pointless.(your one)

08-17-2005, 11:56 PM
You made the right move, don't worry about it.

archcity
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Reading a nut flush draw (with 2 callers, one probably has it) and knowing one will probably call the all-in, what about calling the bet after the flop and automatically going all-in after a non-flush card on the turn? That bet is much more likely to be folded. What do the experts think?

I see where the OP's play is correct, but I was wondering about the wisdom of this alternative play. Less risk, but less payoff?