PDA

View Full Version : Stuck and steaming - A blind raise UTG

Huh
03-31-2003, 01:58 PM
It's a $6-$12 home game that started out pretty good, but the field has gotten tougher. It's getting late, and I can't stick around any longer, so this is my last hand. I announce this to the table, as well as the fact that I need to make 40 big bets for a decent profit on the night. I raise as my first card is being dealt to me.

Maniac in middle position pops it. I beg someone from the field to call, so I can cap it without worrying about the heads-up cap going into effect. Get one caller, and I cap it blind.

Flop is
QT3 or something like that. Didn't really care because I hadn't looked at my cards.

I bet out, since I need to protect my hand. The maniac pops it, and the sane player goes home. At this point, Tyler attempts to grab my hand from me. I protest saying, "I haven't looked yet", but he insists. I give him my sunglasses so that no one gets a tell from him, and nearly take out his eye in the process.

Turn is some other card. Don’t really remember. Let’s say a 7.

I check, with the intention of check-raising. As Elysium would put it, I’m pretty sure I have a ‘hummdinger’ and not a ‘yeabut’, with blemishes less than subtle. He bets, and I re-raise him all in for $2 additional dollars (didn't realize he was this close to all in, or I would have just bet out). At this point another guy looks at my cards. I try to get a read off of him, to figure out where I’m at, but no dice. Tyler isn’t putting off mad-happy vibes either. It's a bit frustrating having TWO people know my hand, when I am still in the dark, but...

River is some offsuit 4.

Comments on all streets appreciated, results below.
I showdown Q J o, my opponents shows a four and mucks.
I cash out stuck $99 for the night. I almost felt obligated to stay in the game for a while, as if I tightened up I was sure to get excessive action, but my game was heading south anyhow. I knew things were bad when I open-limped with 27s (Should have definitely raised to better disguise my hand and to get better sevens and deuces to fold).

On a serious note, it was funny how after five hours of somewhat tight poker I was stuck over $300, and as soon as I decided “what the hell, I’m already stuck, might as well have some real fun", I got back most of it…. I will try to keep the negative reinforcement from altering my future play.

Huh
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

JTG51
03-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Ni han sur!

Funny stuff Huh.

elysium
03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
hi huh
let's see what you got into here. hmmmm....no huh that wasn't a sane. certainly that was a paranoid. let's see....yea, no that's a paranoid leaving who suspects collusion.

Homer
03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
Can I get in that game? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

-- Homer

Huh
03-31-2003, 07:46 PM
When I said went home...I just meant folded, not actually left the game.

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Huh
03-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Did we ever find out where springfield is? If its in the metro DC area you might have already been there /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif