PDA

View Full Version : Please look at this one

Buccaneer
08-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I do not like my check on flop, I think I should bet out but at this table it was pretty much no fold em and my stack was short (I know big error). I was tired of folding and then seeing a high card win.

Turn gives me TP weak kicker and a draw to the flush.

I wanted to vomit when I saw the river but the call is correct, right?????

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

SCfuji
08-17-2005, 09:57 PM
looks okay buc

istewart
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
I think I would 3-bet the flop with 3 other players already in and your straight draw/flush draw. Looks like MP1 had a flush draw so you're probably glad you didn't hit, although if you had don't go apeshit on the river with him because he essentially flipped his cards up for you.

Button's play is hard to read, but if he's an unknown I think I would make the crying call too. I'm not really that scared of an 8 though, moreso T9 or Jx with x&gt;T. Bad players will often hang around on flops like this with overs so that's why I say a read would help.

gopnik
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I'd bet the flop and call the river

moose47
08-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Definitely bet the flop and hope for a raise from MP2. Looks like a good opportunity to trap a couple opponents between you. Given that you didn't I think the rest of the hand is fine.

CashFlo
08-17-2005, 10:46 PM
cap the flop when it's 3-betted back to you. and lead the turn.

u have insane equity here. flush draw, straight draw, and two overs. u wanna maximize the money going into the pot without scaring any players out.

numeri
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
preflop: Fine.

flop: Definitely bet. As others have mentioned, you have an insane amount of equity with your flush draw, straight draw, and two overcards. Since you called, I'd 3-bet when it's back to me. You only need two callers with your ~12 outs, and you'll definitely get that from MP2 and Button. (MP1 could fold after you 3-bet.)

turn: Since we didn't pump the flop, does anyone raise the turn to drive out overcards? Is it not worth it, since they're really not drawing to 6 outs? (since the clubs give us the flush)

river: Absolutely call.