PDA

View Full Version : 10/20, AK, TPTK.

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm running crappy and starting to question some of my lines lately.

6 handed or so, I open UTG+1 w/ red AK, next seat calls. We both have 2k.

KJ8cc, i bet 150 or so he calls.
3c, i bet 375, he calls.
3o.

Bet or check?

BobboFitos
08-17-2005, 09:41 PM
check

edit: wait, 3flush on turn then river pairing? i think i misread the original post..

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
I think this is an easy decision but fsuplayer disagreed. Now he 'claims' he misread the hand. So now I've started a newbie thread for nothing.

Ah well.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Since I really just started playing NL. The line is check/call most bets, eh?

I have no idea.

Yeti
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I really just started playing NL. The line is check/call most bets, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Sometimes you will just 'know' he has KQ from feel and the speed of his calls. But, this guy was unknown and I really didn't have a clue what he had. It's a standard check-call to pick off a weaker K and missed draws.

AZK
08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Is the turnbet standard for you?

CamelZoo
08-18-2005, 12:59 AM
azk good question, i was thinking the same thing. in cases like this isn't a bet best b/c oop you're allowing any random pair with a club to draw for free? i can't seem to get this right (check/fold TPTK when 3rd club comes or bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot and hope to take it down/not get raised?) it's a sticky situation which i have yet to learn to navigate correctly. any insight appreciated.

[not to hijack, just an example... tonight, home game, i make standard raise in MP w AK Axx 2 clubs on board, i bet 2/3 pot/get called, 3rd club comes, i check/check, river = club, check/check, lose to 55c]

fimbulwinter
08-18-2005, 01:13 AM
what purpose does betting have? I guess i just see no upside whatsoever...

also, i'll check that turn very often. betting it gives him an easy line which allows his poor FD play to turn a profit long-run.

fim

CamelZoo
08-18-2005, 01:18 AM
fim can you elaborate on the FD play's long term profit statement? ty

amoeba
08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
I think he means turn bet inflates pot and if hero checks river intending to call, he has to pay off quite a bit to the flush.

Maier
08-18-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what purpose does betting have? I guess i just see no upside whatsoever...

also, i'll check that turn very often. betting it gives him an easy line which allows his poor FD play to turn a profit long-run.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate please?

pofi
08-18-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm running crappy and starting to question some of my lines lately.

6 handed or so, I open UTG+1 w/ red AK, next seat calls. We both have 2k.

KJ8cc, i bet 150 or so he calls.
3c, i bet 375, he calls.
3o.

Bet or check?

[/ QUOTE ]
What range of hand do you put villain on?

Yeti
08-18-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the turnbet standard for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Bet with the intention of folding to a raise.

If I have a club I will probably check.

AZK
08-18-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe players haven't started raising you here with any 2.

Yeti
08-18-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe players haven't started raising you here with any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this would work. I'm not one for making big laydowns /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AZK
08-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Haha, yeah me neither. But you get what I'm saying? Seems like a bet that is just asking to get the pot yanked.

Yeti
08-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't fire that many turns when I don't have a hand. So basically here I have either AA/KK/JJ/AK/KJ/flush.

Depending on the opponent I'm not folding a lot of that range.

I know what you're saying but most people aren't smart enough to do this. There are tons of bets I see that I suspect are probably folding to a raise, but I don't have the balls to put them to the test because it's too expensive.

BobboFitos
08-18-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, yeah me neither. But you get what I'm saying? Seems like a bet that is just asking to get the pot yanked.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really think about it, raising alot of people's turn bets w.o committing yourself but seemingly committing an opponent w/ position is very profitable and not used widey enough.

JooWish622
08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he means turn bet inflates pot and if hero checks river intending to call, he has to pay off quite a bit to the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

so are you advocating check-calling turn and river? that can't be right against weak-tight oppenants whom you should just fold to a turn raise, saving yourself a river bet.