PDA

View Full Version : Raiders #99...I saw his mpok today.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Who is #99 for the Oakland Raiders? I saw his mom today. She was a very large black woman driving a big car (maybe a Towncar). It had Raiders flags flying from the front two windows and Miami flags flying from the back two so I assume he went to Miami. Anyway there was a helmet and #99 Jersey displayed in the rear window with a Raider's Mom sticker and bunch of other paraphernalia. Boy is she proud of her boy.

Josh W
08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
just guessing based on this info that it's Warren Sapp.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I looked it up. That's kinda cool.

bernie
08-18-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not happy about Tampa not keeping him. Beginning of the end for that defense. Dammit.

b

unlucky513
08-19-2005, 12:21 PM
i hate when interviews with sapp are televised. the guy is a complete moron and thinks everyone is out to get him.

kerssens
08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Wow, a bit excessive.

08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not happy about Tampa not keeping him. Beginning of the end for that defense. Dammit.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke...Sapp was the biggest waste of Free Agent money. He was a total flop last year and he is getting old and will only gt worse.

Bulldog
08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see Iverson's mom at a Sixers' game. She has toned it down, but when he first joined the league, she had a big banner she held up that said "#3's Mom".

kerssens
08-19-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see Iverson's mom at a Sixers' game. She has toned it down, but when he first joined the league, she had a big banner she held up that said "#3's Mom".

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom used to come to my junior bowling league, but she just talked with the other moms, no banners or other absurdity. I guess I missed out.

Edge34
08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot about the jersey she took that Bedazzler to.

DukeSucks
08-19-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked in T.O.'s hometown in Alabama for a couple of years. His mom's SUV was just like this. Even had a vanity license plate.

jakethebake
08-19-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked in T.O.'s hometown in Alabama for a couple of years. His mom's SUV was just like this. Even had a vanity license plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

She should be very proud. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bernie
08-19-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke...Sapp was the biggest waste of Free Agent money. He was a total flop last year and he is getting old and will only gt worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not a joke. Regardless of how he did for the raiders, he was the heart and soul of the TB defense. The cornerstone for the team.

Many players have left teams and fizzled after standing out on their original teams. I remember Fredd Young in seattle. Kicked ass. Then they sent him to Indy and you never heard from him again. Same with Rufus Porter. Not sure what it is, but it just seems to suck the life out of some of them when they get traded off or however they leave.

I also wasn't too happy about them getting rid of Lynch. He was old, but still very good.

b

Bulldog
08-19-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how he did for the raiders, he was the heart and soul of the TB defense. The cornerstone for the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no no no. Wrong. Sapp was just the media darling of that defense. When they won the Super Bowl, he was maybe the 7th most valuable of the 11 defensive starters.

JayLear
08-19-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, a bit excessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom used to come to my junior bowling league, but she just talked with the other moms, no banners or other absurdity. I guess I missed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor guy...must be sad that your Mom doesn't love you...

bernie
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how he did for the raiders, he was the heart and soul of the TB defense. The cornerstone for the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no no no. Wrong. Sapp was just the media darling of that defense. When they won the Super Bowl, he was maybe the 7th most valuable of the 11 defensive starters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say he was the best player on the defense, I said he was the heart and soul of it. He was the catalyst for that D. They built that defense around him. That D responded by playing very inspired. That inspiration kind of left when he did. He was a key part in the lynch pin.

7th? no. That's just plain wrong. Top 4. His work in the trenches made others jobs much easier.

b

Bulldog
08-20-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say he was the best player on the defense, I said he was the heart and soul of it. He was the catalyst for that D. They built that defense around him. That D responded by playing very inspired. That inspiration kind of left when he did. He was a key part in the lynch pin.

7th? no. That's just plain wrong. Top 4. His work in the trenches made others jobs much easier.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just crap the media sold you, and you were buying. Off the top of my head, four better TB defenders that year: Brooks, Rice, Lynch, Barber.

bernie
08-20-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just crap the media sold you, and you were buying. Off the top of my head, four better TB defenders that year: Brooks, Rice, Lynch, Barber.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not just crap that media sold me. I followed and suffered with this team for a long, long, long time. I watched them build this team and this defense. 2 of those mentioned are DBs that tend to benefit from pressure on the QB.

To say that Sapp wasn't a big factor in many offensive game plans that went against TB is absurd.

Sapp was as important to that D as Kennedy was to the Seahawks D. He was still the heart and soul of that D. Even when on the sidelines.

Sapp was a bigger loss than just being a player on the field.

b