Uglyowl
08-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I said to the telemarketer: "Can I have your home #"

captZEEbo1
08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you. Either way: http://www.donotcall.gov

Nathan183
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you. Either way: http://www.donotcall.gov

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I always just say "Sorry, not interested" and hang up if they persist. Stops them from wasting my time, and allows them to spend their time talking to someone who might have a remote possibility of buying whatever crap it is that they are selling.

Back In Black
08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I always just say "Sorry, not interested" and hang up if they persist. Stops them from wasting my time, and allows them to spend their time talking to someone who might have a remote possibility of buying whatever crap it is that they are selling.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the ones that are dicks when you do this and continue to try to sell you something?

just2pimp
08-17-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the ones that are dicks when you do this and continue to try to sell you something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimbo
08-17-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask them if they will talk dirty to you for three minute first so you can get in the proper mood. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

34TheTruth34
08-17-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"can't we all just get along".

[/ QUOTE ]

why does everyone say "can't we all just get along?" when Rodney King never used the word 'just'???

I've always wondered about that (yeah, I'm not normal)...

08-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Most overused poker line...

"No limit hold'em is the cadilac of poker."

Ugh, I want to puke whenever I hear it.

joedot
08-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I haven't heard that one since I watched Rounders like 2 years ago. What circles are you hanging around in.

Uglyowl
08-17-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The post is about overused jokes, the joke is dumb.

I am just saying it is a much overused joke and people think they are funny telling how they said it.

It is dumb!

CrazyN8
08-18-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard that one since I watched Rounders like 2 years ago. What circles are you hanging around in.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you not watch WPT?

"It's takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master" is the other one.

kyro
08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't like it. That's why I plan on getting a real job that doesn't involve pissing off half of America.

Warik
08-18-2005, 08:34 AM
"Business is business."

I've never heard this line used by anyone other than someone who just did something totally assholish 3 seconds prior to saying it.

zoomOut
08-18-2005, 08:44 AM
there's this condescendng manager at work who thinks she can motivate us peons by telling us constantly

"You Rock!"

after she hands us secretarial crap. It's getting old.

razor
08-18-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about the dumbest thing I've read this week.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should be nice to telemarketers. How would you like to have that crummy job? It's not the telemarketers idea to hassle you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily.

You should be nice to muggers. How would you like standing out in the cold waiting for someone? What a crummy job.

mslif
08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
"that's hot"

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"that's hot"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except when referring to you. Then it's usage is still appropriate. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there's this condescendng manager at work who thinks she can motivate us peons by telling us constantly

"You Rawk!"

after she hands us secretarial crap. It's getting old.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NobodysFreak
08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
nh... and its not even close.

mslif
08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"that's hot"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except when referring to you. then it's usgae is still appropriate. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am blushing.. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

BeerMoney
08-18-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always act like I'm taking a crap.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very good actually. I'm going to do this. Let them hear the toilet lid, courtesy flush, grunting, etc. Very effective.

Miggo
08-18-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very good actually. I'm going to do this. Let them hear the toilet lid, courtesy flush, grunting, etc. Very effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask them their name and company name and have them spell it, because you are on the National Do Not call list, and they get polite and hang up real fast.

I was pissed at my wife when she put us on this list because, the way I look at it, the telemarketers had to pay for a list of active phone numbers in the past, now the government is giving them one for free. And you know some people on this list put themselves on there because they got sucked into buying something before. I'm not real sure how I feel about the list. All I know is we don't get called any less, and I think the list helps out the telemarketers.

ChipWrecked
08-18-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask them their name and company name and have them spell it, because you are on the National Do Not call list, and they get polite and hang up real fast.

I was pissed at my wife when she put us on this list because, the way I look at it, the telemarketers had to pay for a list of active phone numbers in the past, now the government is giving them one for free. And you know some people on this list put themselves on there because they got sucked into buying something before. I'm not real sure how I feel about the list. All I know is we don't get called any less, and I think the list helps out the telemarketers.

[/ QUOTE ]

One glaring loophole is that if you were a customer of the company in like the past five years they are allowed to call you.

rusellmj
08-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I can't take it. Everytime I here someone use the line from Platoon that Oliver Stone used to describe combat duty, "long periods of boredom punctuated by surreal...", and apply it to whatever they're doing. Like mountain biking or something. Drives me nuts.

Slow Play Ray
08-18-2005, 10:58 AM
"it's not rocket science"

I was thinking about this the other day - rocket science is far from as cutting-edge as it was when this quote first became popular; it's actually pretty simple, standard technology nowadays (no offense patrick! /images/graemlins/wink.gif). We should evolve this saying to "it's not nanotechnology" or something to that effect.

2+2 wannabe
08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
"what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"

I don't think I even need to explain how stupid this is

BeerMoney
08-18-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a goof one time and joined this one and "Its not brain surgery" together to make :

"Its not rocket surgery"

stripsqueez
08-18-2005, 11:13 AM
with respect

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

craig r
08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
"You just need to take one day at a time."

Oh, thanks a fing lot. Until you said that i didn't even know I had an option.

craig

schwza
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you expect them to do, talk about the weather? if you don't want them to try to sell you something, hang up the phone.

dealer_toe
08-18-2005, 11:17 AM
"I'm gonna give it 110%"

now its like you aren't trying if you say 100%...its so retarded!

Slow Play Ray
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I made a goof one time and joined this one and "Its not brain surgery" together to make :

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo, i like that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I actually use that all the time.

Slow Play Ray
08-18-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Its not rocket surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I actually use that all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's new to me so /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Grump.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JayLear
08-18-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotten into the habit of letting my 6-year-old son answer the phone when tele-marketers call. He has a blast with it, and eventually they hang up in frustration.

BeerMoney
08-18-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I've gotten into the habit of letting my 6-year-old son answer the phone when tele-marketers call. He has a blast with it, and eventually they hang up in frustration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always did my best just to waste their time. Set the phone down.. Say "he'll be right there," etc...

Another thing I do is strike up a conversation with them.. they call and I'll be like "HEY!!!! What's going on! What you been up to? You gonna be drinkin' tonight, etc.. " It all depends on my mood.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always did my best just to waste their time. Set the phone down.. Say "he'll be right there," etc...

Another thing I do is strike up a conversation with them.. they call and I'll be like "HEY!!!! What's going on! What you been up to? You gonna be drinkin' tonight, etc.. " It all depends on my mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me -- I was on the phone at work with my cell phone company, and they kept putting me on hold and leaving me there for unbelievably long periods of time. I was wrapping up my conversation with the CSR and asked her if she'd hold for one minute. I then left her on hold and never came back. After 10 minutes I had a co-worker pick up and let her off the hook, saying I had left. That was one of my proudest moments.

durron597
08-18-2005, 12:09 PM
and it's not close. Do you see why?

BiffMan
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"You just need to take one day at a time."

Oh, thanks a fing lot. Until you said that i didn't even know I had an option.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

In a similar vein... "Maybe that's just God's will"...

Usually used by someone who doesn't know what to say to something unfortunate, but there's few things less helpful to say than that. Oh, so God hates me? Nifty? And thanks so much for taking the time to push your religious views on me.

(Was once used by a friend to "console" my wife during a difficult period of fertility treatments... "Maybe God doesn't want you to have a child"... Uh, thanks?)

WDC
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
when my kids were little (in the pretalking years) i would give telemarketer calls to them.

When I ansewr the phone and it is a telemarketer for my wife

I usually tell them that she left me for another women. If I am realy playful I can add a fake cry.

jakethebake
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when my kids were little (in the pretalking years) i would give telemarketer calls to them.

I usually tell them that she left me for another women. If I am realy playful I can add a fake cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad always just changes his voice real quick and says, "this is she..." which is only funny because he has a really deep voice.

TheMainEvent
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm gonna give it 110%"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate it. HATE it.

HopeydaFish
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(Was once used by a friend to "console" my wife during a difficult period of fertility treatments... "Maybe God doesn't want you to have a child"... Uh, thanks?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be inclined to kill somebody who said that to my wife. Then this retard could go ask "God" himself if he is purposefully keeping my wife from conceiving.

Freakin
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad always just changes his voice real quick and says, "this is she..." which is only funny because he has a really deep voice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fantastic!

PITTM
08-18-2005, 05:04 PM
"thats poker"...and its not close. thanks for reminding me mr. towne...

rj

smokingrobot
08-18-2005, 05:05 PM
im a big hater of "whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger".

HopeydaFish
08-18-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im a big hater of "whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, try telling that to someone who has recently gone blind. Or someone who has recently had a limb amputated...

HopeydaFish
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One glaring loophole is that if you were a customer of the company in like the past five years they are allowed to call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think charities are also allowed to call -- even if the charity itself isn't the one making the call, but has instead contracted out its fundraising to a call centre and the caller is an employee being paid commission.

smokingrobot
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
i'd smack the [censored] outta someone if that were the case. unless i had both my arms amputated, then i'd hafta try plan b.

JayLear
08-18-2005, 05:18 PM
How about, "Let's just agree to disagree..."?

pokerdirty
08-18-2005, 05:26 PM
the word "like" used in front of, like, everything.

TheCroShow
08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"thats poker"...and its not close. thanks for reminding me mr. towne...

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_anacardo
08-18-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"that's hot"

[/ QUOTE ]

You should run with a better crowd. My use of "that's hot" never fails to amuse or to plant the seeds for later arousal. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
"racism"

Many

thabadguy
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
"Thats how God intended it to be" , worst time ever was when a kid asked a question about gravity in physics class in HS and the teacher gave that answer, i wanted to [censored] sabotage her car brakes and if she died id go to the funeral and tell her family members..."thats how God intended it to be", and throw in "at least shes in a better place now" for kicks. Then i'd piss on her casket and reason "that's how god intended it to be" because if it wasnt..i wouldnt have to pee right then....
Sorry..i [censored] hated this bitch.

The Truth
08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this the other day - rocket science is far from as cutting-edge as it was when this quote first became popular; it's actually pretty simple, standard technology nowadays (no offense patrick! /images/graemlins/wink.gif). We should evolve this saying to "it's not nanotechnology" or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do nanotech research, and it aint rocket science /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ptmusic
08-18-2005, 06:46 PM
"You Go Girl"

"That Is So Last Year/Week/Spring...."

"Pink is the new Green"

"Don't Get Me Started"

"Quote Unquote" (BOTH said before the word/phrase: e.g. "The important factor regarding the oil industry's quote unquote crisis is consumer demand.")

-ptmusic

08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
gitterdone

andyfox
08-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Do you see why?

Talk2BigSteve
08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
from a parent to a kid... "This is for your own good" or "Because I said so, that's why"

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Truth
08-22-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Thats how God intended it to be" , worst time ever was when a kid asked a question about gravity in physics class in HS and the teacher gave that answer, i wanted to [censored] sabotage her car brakes and if she died id go to the funeral and tell her family members..."thats how God intended it to be", and throw in "at least shes in a better place now" for kicks. Then i'd piss on her casket and reason "that's how god intended it to be" because if it wasnt..i wouldnt have to pee right then....
Sorry..i [censored] hated this bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I am not a hateful person... but I think I hate her to.

morgan180
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
you're so money and you don't even know it.

diebitter
08-22-2005, 11:14 AM
When people use 'literally' as an means to emphasise or exaggerate, when it's actually metaphorical.

eg 'I literally had a cow when he told me about his poker playing'

This should be a death sentence, no pardons. Or they should be made to literally do what they said they did.

Otherwise I'm well adjusted, and elsewhere appreciate the flexible nature of the English language.

Oh, and those girls that hold up a hand and do that head shake thing like on Springer, and say 'what-evah'. They need a good kicking.

PS. I know this isn't a quote as such, but needed to say it anyway.

HopeydaFish
08-22-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Quote Unquote" (BOTH said before the word/phrase: e.g. "The important factor regarding the oil industry's quote unquote crisis is consumer demand.")
-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even more annoying when these people use their fingers to make little invisible quote marks in the air as they say the quoted word(s).

mike4bmp
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm from the West Coast so I hate the word: "Hella"
I hate it when someone says, "That's tight..."
I hate it when people use the word "mad"...like "they're rollin mad deep"...or "they got mad skills."...etc.

Transference
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
"No offense but..."

as if this somehow gives license to then offensd whomever you like.

CORed
08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Or the football variation. "Were going to play one game at a time.", usually followed by "and give 110%." Just once, I'd like to here a football player say, "Were going to play 3 games at a time and give 93%."

daryljobe777
08-23-2005, 01:25 AM
When asking someone what date it is, and they reply "August 23rd, all day."

Hearing that makes me want to lock the offender in a pet taxi ALL DAY!

SinCityGuy
08-27-2005, 07:45 PM
"Standard."