PDA

View Full Version : A7s

closer2313
08-17-2005, 08:35 PM
I haven't posted a hand in a while, but here is one where I had some trouble. I dont have a read on UTG+1 but MP1 is LA/P. Table is very loose and passive. I thought I was getting good odds to call with with a suited ace in position. I didnt flop a flush draw but top pair. Whats my plan for the flop and the rest of the hand?

Thanks guys!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero ????

Hojglad
08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Raise the flop. Bet the turn, bet the river. Be glad if you improve to two pair. Fold to a checkraise on a drawless board if you don't. If the third club falls on the river, check behind. If it falls on the turn, bet anyway, and fold to a raise (especially from UTG or MP1 as they are both likely to be on flush draws).

You won't have the best ace out there sometimes, so you might consider taking a free showdown on the river. This is read dependent, though.

08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Raise.

Redd
08-17-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Bet the turn, bet the river. Be glad if you improve to two pair. Fold to a checkraise on a drawless board if you don't. If the third club falls on the river, check behind. If it falls on the turn, bet anyway, and fold to a raise (especially from UTG or MP1 as they are both likely to be on flush draws).

You won't have the best ace out there sometimes, so you might consider taking a free showdown on the river. This is read dependent, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I agree with everything except for UTG being on a flush draw.