PDA

View Full Version : Roy West 7 Card Stud Book

08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Hi i was wondering if anyone has read this book and if so what do they think about it. In addition how does this book compare to Seven Card Stud for Advance Players. And lastly are there better 7 card stud book out there.

DeadMoneyOC
08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Looks a couple of pages back...

08-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I think the Roy West book is not bad for what it sets out to do - which is to teach people to beat the lower limits at stud. When I got it, I was breaking even at 1/2, and having read it, I am consistently winning substantially at 2/4, and I'm now starting to play at 5/10.

If you want to play at levels up to about 3/6, I think the Roy West book is very good. The experts on here generally don't seem to like it, and there are some mistakes in it, but it's an easy book to read, and it works. If you want to be better than that, then you should get Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players. It is the best book about stud there is, so you should probably get it anyway, although the Roy West one is more accessible for a beginner.

Andy B
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi tyboy74,

The very first item on this forum is the FAQ, which has a brief discussion of books. There is also a thread which is still on page 1 as I write this with a much more extensive discussion of books. Please read these, and if you have further questions, by all means ask them.