PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Hi Flying Stock

Degen
08-17-2005, 06:06 PM
I got a few free bucks in Ameritrade and have been just buying Google lately...I'd like to add one or two hi-reward potential stocks to this.

Anybody got a good pic?

(new to this forum, sorry if this is some type of horrible n00b cliche post)

Sniper
08-18-2005, 03:24 AM
What time frame are you trading?

Degen
08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
time frame?

i'm ready to go now, i'll hold as long as i need to i guess, not really sure what that means

Sniper
08-18-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm ready to go now, i'll hold as long as i need to i guess, not really sure what that means

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking for a high flyer to take advantage of intraday? Buy today and hold for a month? buy today and hold for a year? buy today and hold for a decade? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Degen
08-18-2005, 10:30 AM
gotcha

well intraday would be nice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

but i'd say max time frame would be 3 months

Maulik
08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
gotcha

[/ QUOTE ]

3 months is not a reasonable time frame /images/graemlins/mad.gif You've got to look much further down the horizon alas that's what Warren Buffett and other value investors would say.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Degen
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gotcha

[/ QUOTE ]

3 months is not a reasonable time frame /images/graemlins/mad.gif You've got to look much further down the horizon alas that's what Warren Buffett and other value investors would say.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

warren buffet is overrated /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lozen
08-18-2005, 11:47 AM
1 year time frame Dynergy DYN-N

Peter666
08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
ADBL (Nasdaq) looks like a good buy to me right now.

Sniper
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 months is not a reasonable time frame You've got to look much further down the horizon alas that's what Warren Buffett and other value investors would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wait all year for Buffett like returns, when every day the market gives you the opportunity to do better than he does all year in one day!

FWIW, Buffett is not an investor, Buffett is an empire builder. Buffett BUYS BUSINESSES!

swiftrhett
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Partygaming's earning's report comes out Sept 6. I'm expecting monstrous growth. You have to buy through Interactive Brokers though. If you want a short term good bet, I think that's it.

bobman0330
08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why wait all year for Buffett like returns, when every day the market gives you the opportunity to do better than he does all year in one day!

FWIW, Buffett is not an investor, Buffett is an empire builder. Buffett BUYS BUSINESSES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Graham would say you aren't an investor either, but rather a speculator.

Sniper
08-18-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ben Graham would say you aren't an investor either, but rather a speculator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider myself a Trader, not an investor!

Maulik
08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 months is not a reasonable time frame You've got to look much further down the horizon alas that's what Warren Buffett and other value investors would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buffett also invests in the EURO certainly not a business. Before launching Berkshire Buffett was posting tremendous increases on his securities.

Degen
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i really like the idea that you *HINTED* at, though you didn't really give me any substance or way to go about doing what you say can be done...so i can't do it in one day then.

care to elaborate or throw a dog a bone and let me know where to find ways of doing this sort of thing?

Degen
08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Partygaming's earning's report comes out Sept 6. I'm expecting monstrous growth. You have to buy through Interactive Brokers though. If you want a short term good bet, I think that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

awesome

thats my bet

thanks!

Sniper
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buffett also invests in the EURO certainly not a business.

[/ QUOTE ] \

Yes, Buffett trades currencies and commodities. However, the stability of his earnings come from his stable of businesses.

Sniper
08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well i really like the idea that you *HINTED* at, though you didn't really give me any substance or way to go about doing what you say can be done...so i can't do it in one day then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen, that reply was more to the Buffett fanatic than to you.

However, what I hinted at can be done by trading the momentum stocks of the day.

08-22-2005, 12:21 AM
MIVT looking close to breakout

Twisty
08-22-2005, 06:38 AM
CV technologies
traded on the toronto venture exchange,symbol"CVQ"
This stock is up 6200% in the past 3yrs and for a very good reason.The lead product is the closest thing to a cure for the common cold.
It is very popular in western canada and just starting to become big in eastern canada.If this product breaks into the states the share price will go up another 6200 %
The lead prodoct is cold f/x ,im sure some other canadians here can vouch for it.
I own shares of this company.
If your looking to just trade this, the price usually makes a big run this time of year(cold season being just around the corner)until christmas time and then usually cools off a bit