PDA

View Full Version : Book review

mike4bmp
08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
2 questions:
1. Is there a list of books that Mason M. has reviewed somewhere online? I know of the list in the back of Gambling theory but there are new books out and wanted to know what his thoughts were on them.

2. Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP

mxer7734
08-17-2005, 05:56 PM
This might be what your looking for - http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=450677&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

mike4bmp
08-21-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to try using his DIPO method because it seems easier but I need to know if there are some objections due to theory or mathematics.

PokerHorse
08-22-2005, 12:19 AM
yes , Kings book is very good. It doesnt replace hfap21st century but comes close.

KingMarc
08-22-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read King Yao's book? I thought I was getting a book on just Hold Em odds but I actually found out that it is a strategy book as well....comments?
-MP

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to try using his DIPO method because it seems easier but I need to know if there are some objections due to theory or mathematics.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most situations, DIPO is fine. There was a post a couple months ago that gave some times when it didn't exactly work out, but you can use it without making any gameplay mistakes.