PDA

View Full Version : And I thought the M:TG boards sucked

08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
I came to this website hoping to find some help with my poker game. While a few individuals here and there seemed to want to help, most seemed to enjoy insulting me.

Perhaps I have not been playing long enough to truly understand the game of poker. Perhaps I have done some things that others think are wrong. Perhaps I argue people's criticism too much.

However, I see no reason for anybody to insult me. I'm going to use an analogy here so that you all might know exactly how I feel about these forums, after only one day of posting here. Keep in mind that first impressions are the most formative.

Let's pretend that I have been looking for a new apartment. I read a nice little brochure about this neat little apartment community with an affordable price range. So I set up an appointment with the office to come and have a look at the place.

When I arrive, I notice that there are some crappy cars parked in the area, and immediately become suspicious. As I am guided through the neighborhood, I notice some people living in the apartment complex screaming at each other.

As I continue my tour, a would-be neighbor steps out of his apartment, right in front of me. I extend my hand to introduce myself, and the guy spits in my face. I brush the spit off, and ask him why he did that. Instead of answering me, he replies, "f**k you" and spits in my face again.

So, instead of beating him into a pile of blood, piss and snot, I simply walk away, hoping that the next person I meet isn't as violent.

During the rest of my tour, I bump into 15-20 more residents who are equally, if not more inhospitable than the first fellow.

Now tell me. If you were me, would you think about moving into that community?

Perhaps none of you really want my company here, and that is why you are treating me this way.

I just wanted to let you know why I will not be returning here to these forums again. I would rather take a bath in acid after running through a room filled with razor wire than call myself a member of this community.

See ya.

jason_t
08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
ysscky.

shant
08-17-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]
/thread over

jba
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I thought the M:TG boards sucked

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

spaminator101
08-17-2005, 05:16 PM
just a word to you
its always like that
no one here is very nice to newbys trust me
once you get in a hundred or so posts things start getting better until no one make fun of you anymore

EStreet20
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Would the person who cares raise his/her hand please?????

jman220
08-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Good luck with your poker career. See you at the 5/10 tables.

BZ_Zorro
08-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Check out the guy's post history (27 posts):

1 orginal thread asking for advice - 7 hours ago
25 replies to his own thread.
1 'Final post ever' - now.

This is the best hit n run ever. He did in 7 hours what takes the rest of us two years. Bravo, sir.

jman220
08-17-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just a word to you
its always like that
no one here is very nice to newbys trust me
once you get in a hundred or so posts things start getting better until no one make fun of you anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy isn't just your normal 2+2 arrogant newbie who thinks he knows it all. He's also admittedly a liar, scammer, and a thief. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3165242&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

That said, I think the treatment he recieved was quite generous considering what he's done.

autobet
08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Post deleted by autobet

bernie
08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the posters you are refering to are the same ones who insult the fish they play with during games.

One feature this site has is the ignore feature. Click on the username. Then click ignore this user. It is a good way to reduce the jerk factor on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some posters he was referring to didn't even insult him. They just didn't coddle and sugarcoat it for him.

I still think it's a gimmick account and a troll post. Both of the posts.

b

CallMeIshmael
08-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I disagree.

I saw two very awesome pieces of advice:

Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3168251&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) and here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3168340&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

arkady
08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to let you know why I will not be returning here to these forums again

[/ QUOTE ]

*cries* say it aint so.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Chill out and stop taking it so personal. It is just a bunch of people on a [censored] internet forum. They were being honest and correct. That is what is nice about this forum, you do something stupid, and you are sure to get 15-30 people telling you that you are retarded. It's a good way to keep the ego in check.

08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ysscky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify:

http://www.geocities.com/ysskcy2p2/ysscky.gif

TimM
08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Your analogy is flawed. This board has tens of thousands of registered users, all of whom were new at some point. An apartment community does not gets tens of thousands of new people a year coming through. You come in and ask basic questions, which could just be answered by searching and reading. This may seem harmless to you, but you are one of the many hundreds of people who have asked the exact same questions.

I was new to these boards once. I never got insulted or treated rudely, because I spent a month reading before I ever made my first post.

If you want a better analogy, think of what a lot of new posters do as littering. They may think that one piece of trash thrown on the ground is no big deal, but we have been picking up thousands of them. Of course the reaction will be disproportionate.

arkady
08-17-2005, 05:49 PM
lol....crap, here come the seizure0.3kodsakfpak320-234233fka#$()@#.fda............

pokerstudAA
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you want a better analogy, think of what a lot of new posters do as littering. They may think that one piece of trash thrown on the ground is no big deal, but we have been picking up thousands of them. Of course the reaction will be disproportionate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a beautiful analogy. NH

Many people react badly when they first arrive because they hear alot of things they do not want to hear. When everyone in your apartment complex is screaming at you - mabye you should listen.

shant
08-17-2005, 05:52 PM
You are my new favorite poster.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Dude the Insane Clown Posse rules, seriously man, they are totally awesome and not in any way awful.

SomethingClever
08-17-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ysscky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify:

[/ QUOTE ]

This hurts my brain, but it's very awesome.

SomethingClever
08-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Hahah... just went back and read the original thread.

It's either a troll account or the OP is a tool beyond my wildest imagination.

nh, ysscky

jman220
08-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Does M:TG mean what I think it means? That card game from the 90's? If so, this poster is now funny on a whole new level.

stabn
08-17-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does M:TG mean what I think it means? That card game from the 90's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes M:TG is Magic: The Gathering.

Guthrie
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would the person who cares raise his/her hand please?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

Anyone?

jedi
08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I came to this website hoping to find some help with my poker game. While a few individuals here and there seemed to want to help, most seemed to enjoy insulting me.

Perhaps I have not been playing long enough to truly understand the game of poker. Perhaps I have done some things that others think are wrong. Perhaps I argue people's criticism too much.

However, I see no reason for anybody to insult me. I'm going to use an analogy here so that you all might know exactly how I feel about these forums, after only one day of posting here. Keep in mind that first impressions are the most formative.

Let's pretend that I have been looking for a new apartment. I read a nice little brochure about this neat little apartment community with an affordable price range. So I set up an appointment with the office to come and have a look at the place.

When I arrive, I notice that there are some crappy cars parked in the area, and immediately become suspicious. Of course, I don't wander in the nice neighborhoods at all, choosing instead to look at the bottom of the barrel As I am guided through the neighborhood, I notice some people living in the apartment complex screaming at each other.

As I continue my tour, a would-be neighbor steps out of his apartment, right in front of me. I tell him how great I am at poker and ask for advice in a manner that shows how ignorant I am, and the guy tells me that I'm delusional.

So, instead of beating him into a pile of blood, piss and snot, I try to rationalilze why I'm a great poker player, hoping that the next person I meet doesn't know what he's talking about either.

During the rest of my tour, I bump into 15-20 more residents who are equally, if not more inhospitable than the first fellow.

Perhaps none of you really want my company here, and that is why you are treating me this way.

I just wanted to let you know why I will not be returning here to these forums again. I would rather take a bath in acid after running through a room filled with razor wire than call myself a member of this community.

I'm going to kill myself now See ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Onaflag
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the members of said community could one day lead me into the forest behind the apartment complex and direct me to an endless supply of gold, then, yes, I would put up with their unkindness until either a) I became "one of them", or b) I could find my own way to the golden spring neither of which I have obtained yet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Onaflag..........

TStoneMBD
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
im sorry that you were ridiculed in your previous thread, but the truth of the matter is that we already have too many new posters on these boards so we really dont want you.

good luck in life,
mbd

jman220
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im sorry that you were ridiculed in your previous thread, but the truth of the matter is that we already have too many new posters on these boards so we really dont want you.

good luck in life,
mbd

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Wouldn't it be smart to stay away from people who spit in your face then? Duh.

DMBFan23
08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
nh, this has potential. you have to post using this account early to establish the meaning of the acronym, but once you do that this should be reserved for only those people who should REALLY consider killing themselves. once you have the reputation, you gotta leave em wanting more.

look at commodus' posts, he only has 12 and he got made a moderator because he picked his spots REALLY well

good luck sir, you've been funny so far

spaminator101
08-17-2005, 11:56 PM
well then i suppose hes getting what he deserved

poker-penguin
08-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Someone call the whaaambulance.

Seriously dude, why is it we should fawn all over you and want you to join the community?

Give us one good reason why posters here should stop treating you like a [censored] for brains waste of oxygen.

YSSCKY

bottomset
08-18-2005, 01:39 AM
there was a ton of legit good advice in addition to the 2 already posted out

Microbob, JeffA and a couple others really had gems in there

whiskeytown
08-18-2005, 03:50 AM
start over -

create a new Avatar and nickname and make it appear FEMALE -
surprisingly, this tends to get newbies much better and faster advice then if they're a guy - but then they get really pissed when you say you're a male -

funny world.

RB

bdohaney
08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Funny, but I am a beginner, and I have had very little insulting said to me. If you had just listened to the advice you were given, instead of worrying about the manner it was given, you might have just learned something. And, you will find that everyone at this site is quite annoyed by BEGINNERS who think they are god's gift to poker and ready to go pro. That and lastly, you sir, are a douche.

speirs
08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1543/pplwhocares7cf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

poker-penguin
08-18-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, but I am a beginner, and I have had very little insulting said to me. If you had just listened to the advice you were given, instead of worrying about the manner it was given, you might have just learned something. And, you will find that everyone at this site is quite annoyed by BEGINNERS who think they are god's gift to poker and ready to go pro. That and lastly, you sir, are a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should show this guy where the endless stream of gold is.

OrangeKing
08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there was a ton of legit good advice in addition to the 2 already posted out

Microbob, JeffA and a couple others really had gems in there

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was one of the people who tried to be nice. Maybe the next one will listen...

iluzion
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
We're gonna miss you. Wait, no, nevermind.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're gonna miss you. Wait, no, nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll miss him.

TwoShedsJackson
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
To think I missed that first thread, where a guy who's a scamming idiot and has been playing poker for six months and doesn't know what BB stands for, wants to go pro.

You sir, are a cretin.

Rosie5
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if it's been said yet, but I hope you get in a drunk driving accident on new years eve

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-18-2005, 03:02 PM
man, this guy is a total moran.

Mr Mojo Risin
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
No drunk driving, unless he hits a pole. We wouldn't want him to take an inocent life with him.

FYI, I'm rather new here, I have never encountered hostility. I think the trick is not to post anything too stupid. When you go camping you don't bother the bears, because they will eat you. When you post you don't bother the reader because they will flame you.

cookie
08-18-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, its the game of which I almost reached worlds at two occasions... but dont play it anymore /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Escape
08-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Haha you sir have a really small (e-)penis...

stabn
08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, its the game of which I almost reached worlds at two occasions... but dont play it anymore /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played tournaments here in WA.

jgorham
08-18-2005, 08:15 PM
There really are a lot of ways to waste time on the internet...

stabn
08-18-2005, 08:23 PM
That is good to know.

sthief09
08-18-2005, 10:21 PM
that's so awesome

cookie
08-19-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played tournaments here in WA.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually also played in a single protour; team protour Boston, and we were stupid enough to get a draw in the first round, and 12 points were needed to reach day 2...

SackUp
08-19-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ysscky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so glad the OP came to these boards, otherwise this brilliant sign may have not been made.

Fvcking Awesomeo!